Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi worth keeping, if stuck in CE mode

catkinson80

Reaction score
I was one of the unfortunate ones to have carried out the new update prior to using an FCC mod.
I'm just wondering what peoples opinions are on whether they think it is worth keeping the Anafi under these conditions?

Am in Caada and locked in CE , i bought the ANAFI for the range , batterrie flight time etc ,
Now its not even better then toy drone , what a rip off ,
i am so pissetoff that am going , to play hockey with it and make a youtube video . will have more fun SLAP SHUTING IT IN THE NET ...

this is WHAT IS advertise in the Anafi web page

With ANAFI’s new transmission system, each drone leg contains a dual band antenna (2.4GHz & 5GHz), improving HD video streaming and the piloting experience up to 2.5mi away

what do you think ... , they should change it to 250 METERS.

WHAT A RIPPOFF, not worth selling

Last edited:
I looked at mine earlier and only just resisted the temptation to snap it's arms off.
It's a bizarre stunt they pulled and not very well thought out especially with it affecting you in presumably the opposite way to what their intentions were.
If I'd have known this prior to buying it I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.

Reactions: charleslee
Is everyone having the same problem? Bought 0n the 12th of Feb from Amazon and was locked by Parrot saying it was stloen. Exchanged it for another and it was locked. Got exchange on that one and it was locked. They refunded my money. No help from Parrot, just got an email saying take it up with the police. They got too many requests from me.
Bought one from Dronenerds and set it up. So happy that is was updating everything. When it finished I turned it on and nothing. So I sent it back and they will get it tomorrow. They are supposed to exchange. Guess I better tell them to refund.

Last edited:
Not all manufacturers cripple the range based on location either, I've just stupidly sold my hubsan zino pro to buy the Anafi and it was battery life on the stock battery which restricted that and I was still getting a 4.2km round trip.
Also the spark I had on the most recent firmware was still allowing FCC via a fake gps app.

It seems to have generally affected people that hadn't done the FCC mod prior to updating to the most recent firmware.
I'm not sure exactly how charleslee got in his predicament as he is in Canada and has been locked to CE.

I was with the latest ff6 from Playstore , and network setting was in auto ,
i have a bad habit of updating when the update are released ,

Is everyone having the same problem? Bought 0n the 12th of Feb from Amazon and was locked by Parrot saying it was stloen. Exchanged it for another and it was locked. Got exchange on that one and it was locked. They refunded my money. No help from Parrot, just got an email saying take it up with the police. They got too many requests from me.
Bought one from Dronenerds and set it up. So happy that is was updating everything. When it finished I turned it on and nothing. So I sent it back and they will get it tomorrow. They are supposed to exchange. Guess I better tell them to refund.

And again, wrong topic for you!

I was with the latest ff6 from Playstore , and network setting was in auto ,
i have a bad habit of updating when the update are released ,

That really IS a bad habit!
But you could be one of the people, who can shine light into this:

What is Parrot telling YOU, why this happened?
Your bird legally can fly the fcc power output
So this update changed the specs of your drone AFTER you owned it for some time.
In the US that would be worth a legal case, methinks

I wouldn't say bad habit more so you probably didn't expect parrot to be complete and utter T W A T S!
Naa, unless you have serious trouble with something, and an update is addressed to this trouble, I would call updating in the first hours/days a bad habit!
Done that, been there, changed the habit!
Mostly ;-)

I agree regarding the (locked in CE) changing the specs of his anafi, I would say he is in a very strong position, I'm in the uk and now eternally stuck on CE but I don't think my argument of "I used to be able to use a mod which gave me FCC channels with much higher power output but now I can't use it anymore" would work.
Someone in a CE country locked to FCC would maybes have a argument that they were able to access illegal channels in an CE country, and although they keep putting it in a CE channel it keeps hopping onto a FCC channel and they wanted to avoid getting into trouble ?

I could never fly in FCC here in Germany, so: nothing new. ;)

That is the thing, for most people, nothing changed by legal aspects
Just the north america pilots, who stuck in CE, they have trouble, now

I agree regarding the (locked in CE) changing the specs of his anafi, I would say he is in a very strong position, I'm in the uk and now eternally stuck on CE but I don't think my argument of "I used to be able to use a mod which gave me FCC channels with much higher power output but now I can't use it anymore" would work.
Someone in a CE country locked to FCC would maybes have a argument that they were able to access illegal channels in an CE country, and although they keep putting it in a CE channel it keeps hopping onto a FCC channel and they wanted to avoid getting into trouble ?
You would need to find proof, that the bird wont change to fcc, if on fcc "soil"
And that it did change before.
And that you are going sometimes to a fcc country

And looking at the Mini:
That seems to become the future
Hardcoded or by fw locked to specs
Unchangeable

Fellow pilots, better take very good care your old birds

Last edited:
The Mini was build for the new rules.
That is the main difference!

Existing birds get fw updates, to try to accomplish the same

I Never had FCC so no issue for me. I cant see why CE area people are getting mad that Parrot locked them out of FCC when they are not supposed to be in FCC? But yes i can understand it if you are in a FCC area and now you are locked in CE. I flew at the weekend and got 600 metres range which is plenty of distance :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilippB