Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

And my Anafi fell out of the sky!

Is your vertical camera physically damaged?
I have a picture, it just don't get horizontal, neither it is reacting on remote input
(eh, yes, vertical cam, I don't know yet ;-)

Last edited:
I have written this several times already, but no one has answered or taken it into account:
The android collects the charge and discharge voltage values from the battery in one file. Many people have had their phone turned off at 15-20% (like when the Anafi engine stops). This can be fixed by deleting the contents of the battery.stat file (Anafi battery reset). But that's not enough !!!! Now the blank statistic needs to be populated with the correct data (voltage values for the correct 0% and 100%.
This is very important! So Anafit needs to be completely drained, reset, and then fully charged (this can even be repeated). You will then store the corresponding 0% voltage value for the aging battery and the corresponding 100% voltage value.
I stress that this is just a theory, but if it can be improved on phones this way, it should work for Anafi as well. I wasn’t able to try it because I don’t have such a problem.

I have little trust in a system, where even the actual "left capacity" status of the batteries is changing from 90%, to 94, to even 100%, every now and then.
If resetting the batteries is not clearing this, which I have done a couple of times, the last change is perhaps a new firmware.
So now I will check, if these batteries are still "sucking", after fw update.
And in case that, I won't throw any more money on this bird
The anafi is not a well supported drone in Thailand.
I can not even get the extended version.
Also b/c it is selling badly, prices are still on launch level.
It is always "good" to keep prices high for products people don't wanna buy.
Isn't it?

Singapore would have 'em extended. Just no flights, these days

outch!
Of course, THAT vertical camera!
Sorry, I was just not really thinking any further, as soon as the main camera didn't calibrate complete.
I may open it up again, checking one more time on all connectors.
But right now I have other things to do.

I told you Anafi will drop out of the sky at 1.6.3
let that be a lesson to everybody

outch!
Of course, THAT vertical camera!
Sorry, I was just not really thinking any further, as soon as the main camera didn't calibrate complete.
I may open it up again, checking one more time on all connectors.
But right now I have other things to do.
probably connector poped out due the hit,should be easy to fix it,Its just matter of pushing and pressing connector in place,also this might help with main camera ?

probably connector poped out due the hit,should be easy to fix it,Its just matter of pushing and pressing connector in place,also this might help with main camera ?

Yep, this would be the best case scenario, if the camera is damaged that might be it for the drone. I've not had any success changing a damaged vertical camera with a good one. It's not like the bebop2 where you can just swap stuff out and everything will be okay :(

Hope yours is the best case scenario and you can get it back in the air.

nope, it is not the connector!
That one from the vertical camera is assumingly one of the few connectors, which are not easily to disconnect
And still the main camera comes (short) up with "make sure nothing is obstructing ..."

I have little trust in a system, where even the actual "left capacity" status of the batteries is changing from 90%, to 94, to even 100%, every now and then.
If resetting the batteries is not clearing this, which I have done a couple of times, the last change is perhaps a new firmware.
So now I will check, if these batteries are still "sucking", after fw update.
And in case that, I won't throw any more money on this bird
The anafi is not a well supported drone in Thailand.
I can not even get the extended version.
Also b/c it is selling badly, prices are still on launch level.
It is always "good" to keep prices high for products people don't wanna buy.
Isn't it?

Singapore would have 'em extended. Just no flights, these days
You went to the point again:
Even if you reset the battery, you need to add a full discharge and a full charge!
How do you think the battery knows what the charge level is?
From there, you know that you get a voltage value when you dive to 0% and you get a value when you charge it to 100%. This is stored by the electronics and can be divided into 100 equal parts to show the percentage charge. As the battery ages, this value no longer corresponds to the actual voltage values, so it erroneously shows that there is still 20% while it may actually be just off the switch-off voltage limit.
Your batteries are faulty! Probably the 6A fast charge is not exactly gentle. I charge with 2A for as long as it lasts (I haven't measured it yet).

nope, it is not the connector!
That one from the vertical camera is assumingly one of the few connectors, which are not easily to disconnect
And still the main camera comes (short) up with "make sure nothing is obstructing ..."
Sorry to hear about your issues Ana
It's a long shot but maybe try to do a hard reset on drone?

I hope it can be fixed though. Even though we not agree on firmware, at least we both enjoy flying the Anafi

[...]
Your batteries are faulty! Probably the 6A fast charge is not exactly gentle. I charge with 2A for as long as it lasts (I haven't measured it yet).

I ruled that 5V/6A Charger out. USB charging works that way, that the charger "talks to the device", how much it can take. Till then, it gives just "the normal" 5V/upto2A
However, in case that the charger killed my batteries, it would speak for a malfunction on Parrots side.
I can charge all other devices with an USB-C plug with it, without killing the batteries
EVEN the remote just allowed it to deliver what it can accept.
And: The OP warp/dash charger (5V/6A, 5V/3A) are afaik only delivering the 3 or 6A to the OP devices.

So, I still stay in the dark, what led to the change in functioning on the batteries.
Anyway, as long I can't get another Extended combo, or get my bird somehow back in function, I am "flirting" with the Air 2. Aside that I "need" a 249 g. bird, too.
I still like the 360x180 cam options on the Anafi and with the automatic flight planner from Abant, it becomes more and more interesting, to fly one.

But I assume there will be soon a "Anafi 2".
Which will have the "legs" from thermal and FPV, too.
And, probably different batteries ;-)

So right now I am checking on options.
Parrot is having a 2 years warranty period!
And I have the bird and logs, so I should check what parrot is tellin me about the "falling out of the sky"

Aside: I was very lucky!
The automatic flight I did before, I could have lost it for good!

18592.jpg

I ruled that 5V/6A Charger out. USB charging works that way, that the charger "talks to the device", how much it can take. Till then, it gives just "the normal" 5V/upto2A
However, in case that the charger killed my batteries, it would speak for a malfunction on Parrots side.
I can charge all other devices with an USB-C plug with it, without killing the batteries
EVEN the remote just allowed it to deliver what it can accept.
And: The OP warp/dash charger (5V/6A, 5V/3A) are afaik only delivering the 3 or 6A to the OP devices.

So, I still stay in the dark, what led to the change in functioning on the batteries.
Anyway, as long I can't get another Extended combo, or get my bird somehow back in function, I am "flirting" with the Air 2. Aside that I "need" a 249 g. bird, too.
I still like the 360x180 cam options on the Anafi and with the automatic flight planner from Abant, it becomes more and more interesting, to fly one.

But I assume there will be soon a "Anafi 2".
Which will have the "legs" from thermal and FPV, too.
And, probably different batteries ;-)

So right now I am checking on options.
Parrot is having a 2 years warranty period!
And I have the bird and logs, so I should check what parrot is tellin me about the "falling out of the sky"

Aside: I was very lucky!
The automatic flight I did before, I could have lost it for good!

View attachment 4306
Hello, your Anafi was bought from the oversea region and Not in HK? Because I knew that Parrot-HK just provided only 1-year warranty for its products!!!

It is bought in europe, "luckily" (just need to get it there in corona times, then)
https://www.parrot.com/eu/..../guarantee
So I believe that you may required to send it back to Europe service centre for any warranty claim. Because I have faced the same problem for warranty claim in HK but my drone was bought from US also. HK guys said they did not provided world-wide warranty service in HK.......

That is the thing to deal with.
Warranty in the country it got bought.
Even in case they would send it to China for repair. ;)
18631.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320