Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

And then, it began raining

AnafiPilot

Reaction score
Just a quick after action summary. I had set up for an intricate flight along a creek, in a ravine, with two waterfalls, in a popular spot, at around 9500' in the Colorado Rockies. It took awhile for the visitors to disappear, but then they were gone, so I took off. It was overcast, minimal wind, temps around 65F. I flew the route, more or less, and then nearly 80% into it, there was a person looking over the edge of the waterfall, into my shot. Oh well! I let it hover. They finally wandered off, so I resumed the flight, and then, suddenly, it was raining.

The Anafi handled it well, but the pilot, not so much. I kept wondering if it would just drop out of the sky (albeit, with a rather legit reason this time). But the bird didn't flinch or do anything other than fly solidly. I misjudged a few things and flew into some low branches. It doesn't work so well as a tree trimmer! It crashed from about 4' above the ground. Not too bad. I grabbed everything and headed to the truck, where I dried everything as best I could and set it on the dash, which was now bathed, thankfully, in sunshine. I let it dry a bit as I replaced three props, then headed home.

The next day I started it up, and everything looked good, although I couldn't get GPS lock due to my location. A couple days later did get GPS lock, then later flew it, and everything worked as usual.

So, Anafi can handle some rain!

Reactions: kabonski
I know the feeling,the rush to get home as you can see more and more rain drops hitting camera,to the point where everything goes blurry...half way to take off location you are already thinking how to get new drone without the wife finding anything about it.....hehe,what uncomfortable feeling ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar