Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Annoying black and white screen for several seconds after taking pictures

Massimo Luca

Reaction score
I just bough a Parrot Anafi and I am testing it these days. I bought it for making inspections due to its capability of facing the camera upwards.
I noticed a very annoying feature which is due to the screen that remains black and white with the picture affixed on the screen for several seconds. This doesn't allow me to get a very accurate control on the movement I need to give the drone to cover precisely the object I need to make pictures of.
The way DJI drones (I have Mavic pro and Mavic mini) take pictures seems to me much more useful and convenient, since the picture doesn't affix on the screen (only a very quick black screen affixes to confirm that the picture has been taken) and the operator can concentrate very easily on the surface and objects he has to take the pictures of.
Anyone of you knows if I can disable this option of affixing the pictures on the screen for such a long time when I take pictures with the Parrot Anafi?
Many thanks in advance

As far as I know there is no way to "disable" the screen freezing when taking a photo. It is longer when you take DNG photos than jpegs. You could try a faster micro- SD card to see whether that will reduce the lag as I think that it is related to the data being written to the card.

That is the time, the Anafi needs to save the picture on SD.
The only way to shorten this, is to find the quickest SD card that works in Anafi.
Which are you using?

Best to spot is it in a Pano or Sphere.
It is Parrots way, to inform the pilot about "not ready yet"
And yes, DJI is alowing you to "look" during this time.
Ever thought about to use the 4K video option, instead?
I mean, if it is not really a "thing" for you, to wait 2 secs?

That is the time, the Anafi needs to save the picture on SD.
The only way to shorten this, is to find the quickest SD card that works in Anafi.
Which are you using?

Best to spot is it in a Pano or Sphere.
It is Parrots way, to inform the pilot about "not ready yet"
And yes, DJI is alowing you to "look" during this time.
Ever thought about to use the 4K video option, instead?
I mean, if it is not really a "thing" for you, to wait 2 secs?
I am using a 64 GB Samsung EVO Plus class 3 Micro SD card which, as far as I know, is one of the fastest cards you can find on the market.
For what concerns the 4K video, this is not my preferred option, since for post processing I prefer having still pictures.

The single pictures are a bit bigger in size, but the 4k video is 24-30 big pictures in a sec.
Which, if I understand your topic right that image detail is the most important thing, could get you even a better "cover precisely the object I need to make pictures of."
You would have the last inches of movement also covered.

Ever tried that?

The single pictures are a bit bigger in size, but the 4k video is 24-30 big pictures in a sec.
Which, if I understand your topic right that image detail is the most important thing, could get you even a better "cover precisely the object I need to make pictures of."
You would have the last inches of movement also covered.

Ever tried that?
I actually didn't try. I will. What I don't know is how to extract the pictures from the video

In every, ok, in most video programms you can export every single picture from the video.
Which is, in 4k, a 3840x2160 picture.
Since you have the bird already, would it harm to try?
You won't get around the seconds of frozen display!

Whatever you do, don't move the drone during the freeze...I used to think I knew where it was going, so I could safely fly 'blind'. But then...I crashed.

In every, ok, in most video programms you can export every single picture from the video.
Which is, in 4k, a 3840x2160 picture.
Since you have the bird already, would it harm to try?
You won't get around the seconds of frozen display!
I tried with the video, as you suggested, and it actually works. The problem is choosing from the huge quantity of pictures that the video produces. That's not very handy, but it works. Thanks for your suggestions

Your welcome!
Switch to 24 fps, you will get 20% less "options" ;-)
And just do 5, 10 seconds clips! Or even shorter.
That will help with the performance on the computer
Watch it, scrolling left right on the timeline, that 'll get you a good choice about what you got.

Your welcome!
Switch to 24 fps, you will get 20% less "options" ;-)
And just do 5, 10 seconds clips! Or even shorter.
That will help with the performance on the computer
Watch it, scrolling left right on the timeline, that 'll get you a good choice about what you got.
Another issue that I noticed using the pictures from the video is that the extracted pictures don't have their own Exif so, if I use them in a program that needs the Exif to georefernce and orient the images, that information is not available

Ok, so take a picture and switch afterwards to video or vice versa.
That gets you the exif from that excact location which you can add to the picture!

Or: Just wait till the greyscreen gets colorfull and live again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320