Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Antenna Mod with no FCC

Wollie80

Reaction score
Since in many countries we can no longer fly on FCC with the Mod app. I am looking for alternatives.

I have found the Alientech duo 155dollar, the Pro version is far too expensive for me 350 dollar
FPVLR also has a nice antenna for 99 dollar.
I understand that we cannot simply amplify the Wi-Fi signal because we will confuse the algorithms of the anafi.

Does anyone have good ideas or experiences about this?

Since in many countries we can no longer fly on FCC with the Mod app. I am looking for alternatives.

I have found the Alientech duo 155dollar, the Pro version is far too expensive for me 350 dollar
FPVLR also has a nice antenna for 99 dollar.
I understand that we cannot simply amplify the Wi-Fi signal because we will confuse the algorithms of the anafi.

Does anyone have good ideas or experiences about this?
I just upgraded my Anafi thermal for S&R (Dog & Drone Search D&D) so I can answer your question.You won’t like my answer unfortunately.I have modified every phantom drone there is so I can tell you no cheap fixes.Even harder to modify a parrot but it can be done.I went to Covert Drones and talked to Lukas the owner he sells mods.He recommends 4 Hawks mod upgrade and that is probably your best bet.Unless you can install it yourself you are looking at $300.00 or more I’m not sure of the prices.Unless the antenna is boosted you really won’t improve anything.I use Sunhans 2.4 / 5.8 boosters for my DJI and now Parrot drones as well.They are about $100.00 each and they really work excellent.I can fly as far as battery can go no problems.Lukas at covert drones installed antenna mod connections but I am using my DJI antenna setup.You can buy cheaper antenna mods but they don’t work.Also make sure you use directional antennas or they will interrupt each other in parrot drones.If I don’t with my Anafi my video gets knocked out.Here is pictures of my setup it’s not clean or built to carry but I can fly wherever I need with no interference.Hope this helps I have tried everything there is on the market and just building my own was the best result.The Sunhans boosters are the best have mine for 3 years and they work awesome.Here is power add for boosters power and boosters attached to my Anafi.Remember get the 2.4/5.8 ones and my antenna is a Argtech blueproton for DJI phantom pro but it works with my Anafi.?

Attachments

• DE2A87A3-B7B4-44FA-A8D0-3A313BA17CFC.jpeg
    DE2A87A3-B7B4-44FA-A8D0-3A313BA17CFC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • E9384BE8-BDF6-42E0-BD5C-581166EFE222.jpeg
    E9384BE8-BDF6-42E0-BD5C-581166EFE222.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • 6EBB80A0-FE2E-4EB0-86EA-A9ADCAC22FE0.jpeg
    6EBB80A0-FE2E-4EB0-86EA-A9ADCAC22FE0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
I just upgraded my Anafi thermal for S&R (Dog & Drone Search D&D) so I can answer your question.You won’t like my answer unfortunately.I have modified every phantom drone there is so I can tell you no cheap fixes.Even harder to modify a parrot but it can be done.I went to Covert Drones and talked to Lukas the owner he sells mods.He recommends 4 Hawks mod upgrade and that is probably your best bet.Unless you can install it yourself you are looking at $300.00 or more I’m not sure of the prices.Unless the antenna is boosted you really won’t improve anything.I use Sunhans 2.4 / 5.8 boosters for my DJI and now Parrot drones as well.They are about $100.00 each and they really work excellent.I can fly as far as battery can go no problems.Lukas at covert drones installed antenna mod connections but I am using my DJI antenna setup.You can buy cheaper antenna mods but they don’t work.Also make sure you use directional antennas or they will interrupt each other in parrot drones.If I don’t with my Anafi my video gets knocked out.Here is pictures of my setup it’s not clean or built to carry but I can fly wherever I need with no interference.Hope this helps I have tried everything there is on the market and just building my own was the best result.The Sunhans boosters are the best have mine for 3 years and they work awesome.Here is power add for boosters power and boosters attached to my Anafi.Remember get the 2.4/5.8 ones and my antenna is a Argtech blueproton for DJI phantom pro but it works with my Anafi.?
Its terrible big. Not good for portable.

Wow this is a nice setup, but very expensive and large
Than i can better sell my drone en buy a new one for the same price with a better range
You say you try a lot of different antennes, and no one work without boosters.
I was looking for fpvlr and on the website stays 1200meters in city and with boosters 3000meters. 1200meters is good for me.
now when is flying in my backyard it's over after 200meters

Attachments

• 2020-02-22 (2).png
    2020-02-22 (2).png
    352.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 2020-02-22 (3).png
    2020-02-22 (3).png
    77 KB · Views: 27

Hi,
I have now got the Sunhans 2.4 /5.8 boosters but unfortunately not yet working with various antennas. I even had the original antennas connected from the controller of the anafi. Could you give me the exact type no. Of your panel antennas? I google it but there are many different types for the phantom 3 pro 4 pro etc.

[...]
I think that your reason got flushed away with 1.6.8 and the latest FF6 mod, which is a 6.6.9:

In know the problem is solved with the new firmware and de freeflight mod app. But i want to fly with an Iphone with freeflight. And that is not working with freeflight

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

In know the problem is solved with the new firmware and de freeflight mod app. But i want to fly with an Iphone with freeflight. And that is not working with freeflight

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Just download and use Auriga for your iphone then switch to FCC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar