Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone ever used the Bebop 2 professionally?

Reject

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone ever used the Bebop 2 professionally? I'm currently out of a job (thank you, Corona) and I'm considering spending some time on doing a few free photo- and videoshoots for local small businesses. However, I still want it to look professionall, even though I will do it for free.

So far I think the Bebop 2 shoots excellent video, but the still images just dont turn out all that well.

Maybe it's just me being fussy?

I use the drone for personal use only, but I did have an opportunity to use it to fly over our material pipeline to look for potential problems. I mainly use the drone to look for artifacts of abandoned railroads and other stuff. I have been happy with Bebop 2. It is an "older" drone now, but does a good job, plus its not expensive. I bought a spare for when the time comes I lose the drone and can't recover it :)

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Hello,

Has anyone ever used the Bebop 2 professionally? I'm currently out of a job (thank you, Corona) and I'm considering spending some time on doing a few free photo- and videoshoots for local small businesses. However, I still want it to look professionall, even though I will do it for free.

So far I think the Bebop 2 shoots excellent video, but the still images just dont turn out all that well.

Maybe it's just me being fussy?
I’m like Mike,

Don’t use Bebop 2 professionally but do use it for research purposes, have five flying Bebop 2 each with Solaris mod amplifier with SkyController 2 modded as well.

Video is good, I think pictures are good as well depending on sunlight. Personally, I feel Anafi has a much better camera for video and pictures. But I enjoy flying bebop 2 more, more reliable in a way under tougher wind conditions.

Under low light, Bebop 2 camera suffers, and screen feed isn’t the greatest although video will still record good clear feed.

I can see a bebop user with patience, determination and skill use a bebop 2 for professional use. It has been done, it is a good drone. I still use mine, have much better drones but still find bebop 2 has it’s place.

Good luck, enjoy your bebop 2.
Paul

Many thanks for your insights, it's highly appreciated :) I have some basic skills in using both Photoshop as well as Resolve. I'll throw a few lures out and see if anyone responds and then trust the Bebop 2 :)

I’m like Mike,

Don’t use Bebop 2 professionally but do use it for research purposes, have five flying Bebop 2 each with Solaris mod amplifier with SkyController 2 modded as well.

Video is good, I think pictures are good as well depending on sunlight. Personally, I feel Anafi has a much better camera for video and pictures. But I enjoy flying bebop 2 more, more reliable in a way under tougher wind conditions.

Under low light, Bebop 2 camera suffers, and screen feed isn’t the greatest although video will still record good clear feed.

I can see a bebop user with patience, determination and skill use a bebop 2 for professional use. It has been done, it is a good drone. I still use mine, have much better drones but still find bebop 2 has it’s place.

Good luck, enjoy your bebop 2.
Paul

I have been trying to find a way to extend the range of the Bebop 2, not that I am looking to fly far away, but in a lot of areas, interference causes signal loss usually around 1,200 feet away. I haven't heard of the "Solaris mod" have any info on it? does it help?

Mike

I have been trying to find a way to extend the range of the Bebop 2, not that I am looking to fly far away, but in a lot of areas, interference causes signal loss usually around 1,200 feet away. I haven't heard of the "Solaris mod" have any info on it? does it help?

Mike
Hello Mike,

A mod builder from Hong Kong builds mod kits for Parrot products, one mod kit is for Bebop 2 drone and SkyController 2. Total of three amplifiers, two for controller one for Bebop 2 drone. Some soldering needed, not hard to complete but for first time users not familiar with soldering may be beyond their skill level.

I’ve purchased a few mod kits from him, Also purchased a few from other individuals who had purchased these same mod kits but lost interest in completing the mod. If you’re interested, PM me and I’ll forward you his website. The mod kits greatly increase transmission signal, I recommend this highly if you’re flying in areas with inference or heavy with obstacles such as WiFi, trees, hills etc. Or, if you want long range no transmission breakup this mod will do that.

He’s updated the 2020-mid amplifiers to get better range, and included new mod kits for other Parrot products. Just placed another order with him, although my current line of equipment have the older version amplifiers they still push a strong transmission signal.

I’ll be updating my current bebop 2 equipment with his new 2020-mid amplifiers, and adding another new mod kit he recently made for Sky Controller 1.

If you decide to go with his mod kits, and can’t put them together I can probably help you put these together. You just send me controller, bebop2 and mod kit. I’m not out to make money from this, just enjoy working with components. Pay shipping I’m good, this is definitely the best mod for Bebop 2.

Take care,
Paul

DE3FD4E9-25F6-431D-85E1-12F2D67359B9.jpegI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame