Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone Plastidip'd a Disco?

winstonford

Reaction score
Has anyone plastidipped a disco? Does anyone have a busted wing they could try it on? From what I have read some types of styrofoam are fine, others melt.

Just got my first disco and would like to coat the belly in something before I scar it up.

Also considered liquid latex. Any ideas appreciated. I have seen that people have used laminate and various types landing gear.

Be aware that like the Bebops, the disco can be disconnected from your controller (SC2 or phone) unfortunately by anyone who wants to disconnect you. The only way to avoid this is to use your own receiver and transmitter but then you lose the great video feed and its telemetry. You will have to fly in an area that no one lives around or like me search for a way to enable PMF option in WIFI, so we can be protected.

Last edited:
Be aware that like the Bebops, the disco can be disconnected from your controller (SC2 or phone) unfortunately by anyone who wants to disconnect you. The only way to avoid this is to use your own receiver and transmitter but then you lose the great video feed and its telemetry. You will have to fly in an area that no one lives around or like me search for a way to enable PMF option in WIFI, so we can be protected.
thanks for the tip, not usually anyone around where I am flying.

Plastidip worked fine. Many, many layers sprayer quickly, 1 layer only.. waiting until flashed off and no smell before applying next layer.. not 4 hours recommended, more like 45m-2hr between coats. After white, sealed with pearlized top coat. When peeling off the coating from the antenna covers, the layer was strong enough to easily hold the weight of the fuselage. On my first flight, flew straight into a 70 foot pine tree, wings popped off, and fuselage plummeted to the ground, still connected to wifi, camera focused on forest floor. One small half marble sized chunk out on top near wing joint, but belly coating saved a couple other nicks.

Here's pic after final coat, as I began to peel off antenna cover

Attachments

• IMG_3911.jpeg
    IMG_3911.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar