Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

App crashing when trying to connect after latest firmware update

Tornado

Reaction score
Well I updated to the latest firmware on Anafi and controller and now the app crashes every time I try to connect to the drone.
If I don't turn on the drone the app works and it is showing that I have the latest updates.
Wished I'd not bothered now,but hindsight is a wonderful thing ☹️

Well I updated to the latest firmware on Anafi and controller and now the app crashes every time I try to connect to the drone.
If I don't turn on the drone the app works and it is showing that I have the latest updates.
Wished I'd not bothered now,but hindsight is a wonderful thing ☹️
Same to me. On my android (phone Samsung A5} the solution was: remove freeflight, install latest Freeflight from Google play and logging in, choose: use old flight-data, the number older flights are there now, incl. flightplans. CALIBRATE ANAFI, (drone was shaking after update), edit your personal settings in freeflight again!!!!, then it works very fine again, I made 3 testflights + longrange flightplan after update . {Max high in manual mode is now 150 m. again.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201108-120535.png
    Screenshot_20201108-120535.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Tornado
Th
Same to me. On my android (phone Samsung A5} the solution was: remove freeflight, install latest Freeflight from Google play and logging in, choose: use old flight-data, the number older flights are there now, incl. flightplans. CALIBRATE ANAFI, (drone was shaking after update), edit your personal settings in freeflight again!!!!, then it works very fine again, I made 3 testflights + longrange flightplan after update . {Max high in manual mode is now 150 m. again.)

Thank you for the info I will give it a try ltr on as I'm away at the moment ?

Since your phone is not on the Parrot list to work with the Anafi I would think this is your problem.

Augustine I have used this phone for over 110+ flights and no issue with it,so maybe it is another problem.
Absolutely love this drone, I've had it for 2years now and this is the first issue with it.

Augustine I have used this phone for over 110+ flights and no issue with it,so maybe it is another problem.
Absolutely love this drone, I've had it for 2years now and this is the first issue with it.
Yes it is the "other problem" as you stated you upgraded the App which is not compatible with your phone. Older Apps worked but that was just luck or be design. Now your phone does not work with the newest App. I had a tablet that I had to retire becuase it ended up not working with the newer Apps. It happens. There might be a way to make it work as posted in post #4 but sounds like a lot of trouble.

I had the same problem few month ago, after an update also.
My phone is a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, with Android One.

The solution I used:
Clear all about the app, cache, data, and uninstalled the app.
Then reinstalled the app, and all work fine again.

now, i still didn’t upgrade to the latest version...

Well I'm back up and running well flying when I get a decent slot of weather,bit to wet here in the UK.
Thank you for the info it worked a treat and a big thank you to all who gave me info,I don't where I would be without the help of this forum,a big ?
One concern that I have is it is asking me to update the batteries and I am very wary of doing that after reading some of the horror stories from the past.
So I think I will not bother with that update unless you guys think it's a go ?
Not checked to see if I am in FCC mode with the update,but I reckon it will not be so.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut