Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Architecture by Air - The Empty Office

Sidd Finch

Reaction score
One of the unintended consequences of the pandemic is that many of the high-tech buildings are now closed as many are now working from home. I originally went out to record some new buildings under construction but was amazed to find that the construction was full steam ahead even on the weekend. I was looking for some interesting architecture to record and came across this building. I thought it was kind off cool because it was oval in shape and not a square or rectangle.

The morning light was perfect and it was eerie to see everything closed up and no cars in the lot.... Stay safe.

Sidd

Very nice video and love the design & architecture of building - very modern.
Its a shame that many tech companies have mostly unoccupied buildings due to Covid-19
I manage properties & facilities for one of them and breaks my heart everyday I go into office
Silver lining is that majority of office folks can work from home, just the network labs require some hands on

Thank you. I agree while I like WFH but it is really strange to see all these empty buildings and just very little human activity. Kind of reminds me of some of those "ghost" city's in China you see on YouTube. I was shocked to see how much office building construction still going on. I guess these have been budgeted and paid prior to Covid-19 but it is really weird to see them all working. I think I am going to look for a historic building to film next.

Sidd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut