Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are Freeflight 6 & the Anafi possessed?

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
Seriously! Are Freeflight 6 & the Anafi possessed or something? :eek:

I went out to the local beach last night to capture the most wonderful sunset, well it was beautiful, okay, it was above average, actually, it was just nice, maybe it was pretty ordinary really. However, Freeflight 6 & the Anafi were having none of that!

I had everything set, good GPS, drone & controller calibrated properly, the phone in my pocket & my tablet I used were both on Aeroplane mode, I stood well away from others to avoid potential interference & was ready to capture the sunset colours. I sent the bird skyward flew around gracefully for 6 minutes & 53 seconds & had 32 seconds of footage when I got home! I promise that I never pressed the stop record button, it's actually my practice to leave the camera rolling for the entire duration as I'm quite prone to using either the take off or landing footage in my end videos.

Here's a few screenshots of my flight evidence from last night. I just want to know whose Anafi has my extra 5 minutes & 21 seconds of lovely sunset footage? C'mon guys pass it over. ;)

Here's the bit of footage I had from the flight, if somebody finds the extra bits, please send me a personal message so I can arrange to have it shipped to me.

Reactions: AaronB
I myself have had that but I put it down to pressing the record button or touching the screen without realising it.

I always try and record my complete flights...

Reactions: Krusty Geeza

Ah good ol' twilight zone - very apt!

I don't think it's just the Anafi however - it's photography in general. Oh the number of great shots lost...
My first digital SLR (canon eos 300D) told you once and only once when first switched on that the compact flash card was not inserted. It didn't have a power hungry display so you just left it switched on. A whole evening of great photos at a Japanese restaurant - giant fire balls off the grill - eggs breaking on people etc, etc - all lost to the twilight zone.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I myself have had that but I put it down to pressing the record button or touching the screen without realising it.

I always try and record my complete flights...
I did that a few times when I first got her & have been a wee-bit OCD about not touching the screen during flight ever since. Thumbs on sticks & fingers on levers of the controller, with the iPad lifted well above it all, so I can't touch anything without serious effort. :giggle:

Ah good ol' twilight zone - very apt!

I don't think it's just the Anafi however - it's photography in general. Oh the number of great shots lost...
My first digital SLR (canon eos 300D) told you once and only once when first switched on that the compact flash card was not inserted. It didn't have a power hungry display so you just left it switched on. A whole evening of great photos at a Japanese restaurant - giant fire balls off the grill - eggs breaking on people etc, etc - all lost to the twilight zone.
That sounds like they would have been loveley memories to be able to kick back & reflect upon, bugga! I had exactly that with a Sony camera a few years back, that I bought secondhand & didn't realise the CF card didn't need to be in it for images to be taken, but not stored anywhere. A couple of disappointments later & I soon worked out to turn off the ability to trigger the shutter without a CF card present. On the whole I've been pretty lucky not to lose too many images along the way. I had an SD card recently crap itself after inserting it in the side of my iMac, 300 odd images gone from a trip to a forest, but at least I get to go back in Winter when the fungi are all out, so I could get over that one! :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut