Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[ASK] Anafi Battery Adapter

As far as I am aware there is no option to connect balance leads. Battery circuit is SUPPOSED to manage all that, I suppose it would be possible, but would mean breaking open the battery and playing with the circuit...... Which is not really advisable.

I agree with d95gas. After probing the pins on the battery what I originally thought was a pin connected to the centre tap of the battery turned out to be a 3.3v feed to the Anafi.

You are probably both right !

Pablo Sotes (a French FPV drone racer) did get a few batteries from Parrot and dismounted and analyzed them. His purpose was to remove as much material as possible, change LiPo cells to make a liter battery (and stay below the max weight to fly in Spain downtown).

From my understanding of his analysis and Parrot’s explanations :

- To produce 1 battery, he destroyed 2 or 3 others because the system is ‘fragile’ and full of electronic components. So we should avoid opening them...
- This ‘expensive smart battery’ is able to balance internally the charge with its own components between the 2 LiPo cells that are inside.
- Its internal electronics and software is also able to discharge the battery to keep it at 50% after a week or 10 days and insure good maintenance automatically.
- Parrots engineers made their best to make it chargeable with a simple usb c phone charger.
- We don’t have much info on ‘what the battery firmware update’ has done recently...And we should keep the mystery for the future generations...

So, I would not try to charge the Anafi with an external balanced charger...

On top, every Anafi battery is a powerbank!
So there is a lot electronic in it!

I have a battery that does a reset after 15secs, I can discharge with a light bulb and then re-charge all lights seem to do what they should but when I put it in Anafi and press start it just will not fire up my bird! even though the lights come on they then just go off and nothing happens with the bird. Put another battery in and it's ok, so it is the battery. Is there any way I can get this thing to work as I'm sure it's ok just need to trick it into action...

I have a battery that does a reset after 15secs, I can discharge with a light bulb and then re-charge all lights seem to do what they should but when I put it in Anafi and press start it just will not fire up my bird! even though the lights come on they then just go off and nothing happens with the bird. Put another battery in and it's ok, so it is the battery. Is there any way I can get this thing to work as I'm sure it's ok just need to trick it into action...
When you install battery into anafi and press power button does the circulation fan turn on?
Do the green lights on battery flash each time you press power button while in anafi?
Both above without drone actually initializing?

When I put battery in drone and press the button the battery:
The four green lights go 1234,1234,1234, then state of charge light eg 123 or 4 come on for a few seconds and that's it, no fan, nothing on the drone.
It's like it's not sending the initialise signal to the drone, I'm guessing through one of the other pins.

When battery is not in drone and I press the power button it just shows state of charge eg 123 or 4 lights and then go out, so battery knows when it's in the drone but still does nothing to the drone.

When I put battery in drone and press the button the battery:
The four green lights go 1234,1234,1234, then state of charge light eg 123 or 4 come on for a few seconds and that's it, no fan, nothing on the drone.
It's like it's not sending the initialise signal to the drone, I'm guessing through one of the other pins.
I have had similar issues, several times - I also thought it was the battery but turned out that was not the case
Usually happens on 2nd flight of day, sometimes on 3rd flight, never on 1st flight
I just disengage battery and reinsert and then its ok
Usually acts up on warmer days, but have not pinpointed it to a particular pattern
For me maybe loose connection in drone -
I'll pay closer attention next time it happens

My guess would be one of the small pins that connects\pairs the battery to the Anafi is not making a good connection so it thinks it is still not inserted and will not turn on. Try spraying the battery and Anafi connections with CRC contact cleaner. It dries fast and will not harm your battery. Could be just something simple like dirt causing a bad connection.
20201121_135633.jpg

Reactions: BRC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem