Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Auto repair Anafi

13ils4nt013

Reaction score
we need clarity on this issue.
It is obvious that if we go to replace certain components such as the gimbal arm and its motors, the part of the logic that controls them does not recognise them for some strange arcane reason. I think it's going to read some sort of serial number to understand and distinguish the logic of the y-axis motor from the x-axis motor, and that seems correct to me. It doesn't seem correct to me, considering that it's a drone without sensors so prone to crashing easily that one of the most exposed parts (gimbal) can't be repaired by us independently because of these limitations. Personally I think that being a camera drone (not performing except for its photographic part) Parrot has decided to abandon it leaving us buyers stranded. I would like to inform you that there is a special firmware (not public and not in my possession) which makes it possible to bypass these limitations and make happy someone like me who, in addition to his drone, has bought 2 others for spare parts as he can no longer make use of the official repair service. I hope that someone from Parrot will be here to read these lines and value the trust placed in the brand and above all the money spent unnecessarily. This is not an outburst from a consideration as DJI has never let me down in so many years and frankly I feel cheated and it is only fair that future buyers know that there is no future in their next Parrot branded purchase either.
If any of you have anything to add it is most welcome. I will continue my battle hoping not to waste time and soap cleaning the donkey's head to make him see reason.

You need to contact Parrot and certainly not here. Most of these guys here cant answer the simplist of wifi questions let alone change a gimbal out......

You need to contact Parrot and certainly not here. Most of these guys here cant answer the simplist of wifi questions let alone change a gimbal out......
Thank you for your reply mine was an opening message with the hope of meeting a user here who was in contact with Parrot. I would like to point out that the only way to contact Parrot directly is to enter a valid serial number of a device and possibly one that is under warranty, otherwise you are invited to contact a different company for support, which among other things has an incorrect email address on its home page. I have retrieved the right address and tried to write but with no response. If any good soul in this forum has an email address to write to, please come forward. Ps: I tried to reach them through all the social networks and there too total silence. That's why mine is a warning to those who want to invest money and time in the Parrot brand.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Update... the social account of Parrot give me an address to write.
Gimme hope Parrot!
Hey man I really hope they gave you good news. I am a Parrot fan but I do have to say that the fact that they discontinued this drone 2 years after it came out is wild to me. I saved up for 2 years to get my license and to buy it new. $700 gut punches and no support.
When I had my skycontroller issue this year I was super bummed at the lack of parts to replace the board from Parrot directly. I had to buy a parts controller. The thing is, they are nice when they reach out to you and provide you with the most information that can be used but most of the time they push you to a trusted 3rd party to get all new accessories rather than provide some parts.
I can only speculate that it may have something to do with the change in ownership. I remember when they were pushing the bebop 2 and the mini drones, there was a transitions from being a French company to then being bought by a US company so I wonder if hardware and IP's were changed during the development of the ANAFI.

Dude the article I read was back in 2015 when I had lots of free time sitting in the IT room waiting for my collogues computers to break. I'm not going to dig up the exact article and post it up. If you want to look it up yourself though, you can look up articles that came out about Parrot back in 2015. That's all I got for you.

Dude the article I read was back in 2015 when I had lots of free time sitting in the IT room waiting for my collogues computers to break. I'm not going to dig up the exact article and post it up. If you want to look it up yourself though, you can look up articles that came out about Parrot back in 2015. That's all I got for you.
I never read anything like this, also 8 years ago, so I think it's pure speculation.

Reactions: rsjVERG
No news and total muteness on the part of Parrot. After all, what did I ask for that was strange, an open firmware for an obsolete model? At this point I'm selling off everything via the Internet with a big ad. And I'll never buy anything from this ****** Parrot brand ever again.

I have an Anafi in need of rrpair, The Drone was purchased in Harvey Norman in Tralee Kerry Ireland. They had no luck in contacting Parrot. I have tried myself and also have not been able to contact them.
The drone clipped of a low hanging branch of a tree approx 15 feet in the air and fell on the very Dry Hard lawn. It landed upside down. Normally you would put it back and start but this did not happen. I also smelled the burning smell of an IC (berullium) I think. The battery charges Ok, The drone loooks like it turns on, There is no gimbal movement and one cant turn it off- Just take out the battery. There is no link to the controller or phone. So basically dead. Not sure of what PCB I might need to change if I could get one, there are 2 so far as I know. SO good battery, controller3 and good frame/body no scratches. Was a lovely drone to fly. Sadly I cant get it fixed in Ireland it seems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guads100k