Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Automatically Starting A Screen Recorder - Android Only

Liger 1956

Reaction score
In a previous thread I stated that it would be nice to be able to automatically start a screen recorder app when FF6 starts so that I have a record of the flight if the Anafi is lost or falls out of the sky. After much searching it appeared that the Andoid "Tasker" app would do the job along with the "Screen Recorder - No Ads" app by Kimcy929. The Tasker app is not the most intuative but after many false starts and blind alleys I have managed to get it working. The video below shows the process. I recorded it using "AZ Screen Recorder" and I did not start the "Screen Recorder - No Adds" app for fear of a conflict. Please note that this has been tested on a Moto G5 and a Moto G8 Power and works although the co-ordinates of the popups varies on each phone to keep them in the middle of the screen. I have not yet had the oppertunity to test the functionality out in real life so I do not know whether having Tasker, Screen Recorder - No Ads and FF6 running at the same time will be to much for my phone. I hope to do a test hover in my garden soon.

The workflow is:-
Connect phone to SkyController3
FF6 app opens automatically
Prompt appears to enable Airplane Mode
Press OK button when enabled (if Airplane mode is not enabled then the software enters a loop)
"Screen Recorder - No Ads" app is started
Press button in bottom right of "Screen Recorder - No Ads" screen to enable floating screen recorder toolbar
Select "Fly" in FF6 (I did not have the Anafi turned on so the live view is blank)
Start screen recorder (I did not do this in the video)
Fly the Anafi
Stop screen recorder
Close screen recorder
Close FF6
Prompt appears to disable Airplane Mode
Press OK button when disabled

?
Wow..... totally perfect. Since it was last discussed I have also been looking at various options, and ended up getting very frustrated with Tasker, as you say not the simplest to work with, but it does do a superb job.

I will sit down tonight and have a good viewing and a play with my various Android devices..... I shall feed back, but hopefully this is the perfect solution, especially as we now know there are no logs until the flight has completed. This should prove very handy.

If you put the attached file (minus the .txt extension) in the Tasker/configs/user directory ( that you may have to make) you should be able to do a restore and it will load the profiles, tasks and scene that I have created. That backup .XML file is from my Moto G8 Power so the coordinates may not match your phone and you may have to change them in the scene. You should be able to hold and move the Text and Button boxes as well as resize them and there are 2 sets of coordinates, one for landscape and one for portrait.

Feel free to make any mods that you want and I make no guarantees on the functionality and use it at your own risk (end of get out clause ?)

Attachments

• backup.xml.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 9
Very handy for people with warranty left and are fighting with Parrot over a replacement. Great info and thanks for posting and doing the ground work.

Reactions: d95gas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking