Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bad connectivity and unusable FPV frame rate with SkyController

t-muehlberger

Reaction score
I am using the anafi with the SkyController 3 with my Elephone P9000 but the frame rate on the phone screen is terrible (less than one fps) even with the drone and the controller right next to each other.

I tried all the different frequency settings (CE only since i live in Europe).
I tried to put the phone in flight mode to make sure it uses the controller to connect to the drone and that the phone does not interfere with the signal.
I tried to connect the phone directly to the drone without the controller.
I even tried using different cables.

Nothing changed it always hat a frame rate that makes it unusable for me and the range is not very big eather. I tried to use my girlfriends IPhone and it worked just fine. Is there anything else I can try? Apparently it is not an issue with the drone or the controller since it works with the IPhone. What could be the issue?

Thank you for your help fellow pilots.

Hi there

I can only "speak" from my own experience. In my case, in both DJI Spark and Parrot Anafi, the mobile device itself was in fact the weakest link and the cause of the problem.
I had an Huawei mobile phone that served it´s function perfectly but when i used it both the Spark or the Anafi, i found myself experiencing the exact same problems / glitches you described.

As i often say, i am all but an Apple fanboy, far from it. Always used android devices, but since i switched to an iphoneSE (A9), and recently an iphone8 (A11 bionic), my whole flight experience, framerate, fluidity and condidence are on a completely new level.

Iphones are expensive toys, but are also a chipset powerhouse that just works. Also the apps run more stable.

Cheers, best of luck

I am using the anafi with the SkyController 3 with my Elephone P9000 but the frame rate on the phone screen is terrible (less than one fps) even with the drone and the controller right next to each other.

I tried all the different frequency settings (CE only since i live in Europe).
I tried to put the phone in flight mode to make sure it uses the controller to connect to the drone and that the phone does not interfere with the signal.
I tried to connect the phone directly to the drone without the controller.
I even tried using different cables.

Nothing changed it always hat a frame rate that makes it unusable for me and the range is not very big eather. I tried to use my girlfriends IPhone and it worked just fine. Is there anything else I can try? Apparently it is not an issue with the drone or the controller since it works with the IPhone. What could be the issue?

Thank you for your help fellow pilots.

Reactions: Skydreamer
Hi there

I can only "speak" from my own experience. In my case, in both DJI Spark and Parrot Anafi, the mobile device itself was in fact the weakest link and the cause of the problem.
I had an Huawei mobile phone that served it´s function perfectly but when i used it both the Spark or the Anafi, i found myself experiencing the exact same problems / glitches you described.

As i often say, i am all but an Apple fanboy, far from it. Always used android devices, but since i switched to an iphoneSE (A9), and recently an iphone8 (A11 bionic), my whole flight experience, framerate, fluidity and condidence are on a completely new level.

Iphones are expensive toys, but are also a chipset powerhouse that just works. Also the apps run more stable.

Cheers, best of luck

Ok thank you it is sad to hear that these apps don't work well on moderately priced android devices.

That's also not true.
Your device with 8 or ten processor kernels at 2 GHz should work generally.

One would think that my 8 cores at 2GHz and 4GB of RAM would be enough maybe something else is causing the issue ... i am still running android 6 has anyone experienced issues with that?

Yes, I also think, your hardware should be able to run FF 6.
Perhaps try to update to Oreo.

I am looking into that but it is kind of hard to do because Elephone does not provide OTA updates from android 6 to 7 so I have to flash it manually and i am currently struggling a bit with that

There was an OTA update to Android 7 in June 2017, but I don't know whether this was the last one.
But Oreo (Android 8) is also available for your phone.

There was an OTA update to Android 7 in June 2017, but I don't know whether this was the last one.
But Oreo (Android 8) is also available for your phone.

Oh did not know that there is already an oreo rom. I might not stick with the stock rom anyways so I am going to try a few diffrent ones i guess. Somehow for me it says in the update utility that the android is up to date. But as soon as I have that driver stuff figured out and have the flashing tool installed i will try it out.

Hi there

Usually I would agree with you. Not starting a debate here.
In this case, I have to disagree. RAM and processing power DO make a significant difference in performance.
Flight control apps on quadcopters with remote video transmission are heavy apps that consume a lot of resources
on the mobile device. I should know, it´s my line of work.

The more RAM, storage space and CPU, the better.
Also on Android devices (all devices really) people should not fill them up with all sort of apps. Keeping it clean and light
helps a lot.

I agree the iPhone is not the only device with those capabilities. There are Android phones that do the job very well.
I just didn´t feel the need to play the lottery and see how it goes. I chose what works. Pure and simple.

Thx ?

A stable connection and good framerate is independant from the Android/iOS choice.
My Galaxy Note 4 works perfect.

Have you tried to exclude Freefligt 6 from Battery optimization? Maybe some needed background processes are victim of memory clearing tasks of your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut