Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery Dead

ChristianThomas

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I got my Bebop 2 drone for Christmas 2018, i unfortunately left my battery over winter due to rubbish weather in the UK, i have now tried to recharge and it wont charge, my sky controller does though, what should i do?

I assume your using the Parrot charger? Do you get a flashing red light or no light at all?

No light would indicate that the battery is so dead, the charger doesn't recognize it. There are tricks to try to fool the charger to allowing it to charge, Youtube has many videos on it. However since the battery has sat dead for awhile, it will not be reliable.

Flashing red light indicates one of the cells is out of balance and the charger will refuse to charge it. You can try to put it in the drone and turn it on and let it hover until the battery shows about 10% then try to charge it again. A true balance charger would be the best bet to try to fix the problem.

Mike

I assume your using the Parrot charger? Do you get a flashing red light or no light at all?

No light would indicate that the battery is so dead, the charger doesn't recognize it. There are tricks to try to fool the charger to allowing it to charge, Youtube has many videos on it. However since the battery has sat dead for awhile, it will not be reliable.

Flashing red light indicates one of the cells is out of balance and the charger will refuse to charge it. You can try to put it in the drone and turn it on and let it hover until the battery shows about 10% then try to charge it again. A true balance charger would be the best bet to try to fix the problem.

Mike
hi the battery was completely dead, i put it on charge for 1 hour last night, no light at all and drone wouldn't turn on with battery in, today it wouldn't charge so i moved upstairs and amazingly i now have a red light, so ill fully charge it!

Christian

hi the battery was completely dead, i put it on charge for 1 hour last night, no light at all and drone wouldn't turn on with battery in, today it wouldn't charge so i moved upstairs and amazingly i now have a red light, so ill fully charge it!

Christian

Good, you tricked the charger. Once charged, I would fly it but keep it low and watch the battery level close. The battery may drop out suddenly causing the drone to hard land.

hi
I have a dead battery I think. I have the bebop 2 drone. When I put my battery in the charger it gives a red light but after a few minutes the red light flashes, and it would not charge. If I connect the battery to my drone and I want to turn it on, it doesn't want to.
Does anyone have a solution for me?

Something is wrong with the battery and the charger refuses to charge it. If you have a meter, you can check the cells in the battery pack to see what each one reads. In any event, the battery pack is bad and needs to be replaced.

I just tested it With a meter between the blue and withe cable is no voltage but between the red and black there is a voltage more than 6 en less than 12 V so what do I have to do

so I have two batterys, so I unscrewd that one to and it looks very bad. One of the there batterys is swollen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut