Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery Discharge Results Using Modified Andriod App

Some more statistics to add.

Very short autonomous flight to document construction progress. Very windy and the Anafi had to "lean into" the wind. This is why the battery voltage is lower at 90 compared to 80 and 70%.

Battery Info: 18 Flights, 3.5 Flight Hours, 21 charges to 100%, Average % discharged to: 43%
On Freeflight 6 Battery Capacity: 88%

Power on Drone: 97% 8406 mV

Percentage
Voltage
90​
7532​
80​
7693​
70​
7549​

As stated, the aircraft was flying into 10 to 15 mph winds at 90%. At 80% it was flying lateral to the wind.

Something I am seeing is that my previous ignorance on battery care has my batteries in worse condition than their age, times charged and times used would indicate. Lesson learned.

And I repeat it again, the voltage Mod has saved my Anafis. I am very confident flying them again.
Were you flying using the latest firmware

Very short autonomous flight to document construction progress. Very windy and the Anafi had to "lean into" the wind. This is why the battery voltage is lower at 90 compared to 80 and 70%.

Battery Info: 18 Flights, 3.5 Flight Hours, 21 charges to 100%, Average % discharged to: 43%

Percentage
Voltage
90​
7532​
80​
7693​
70​
7549​

As stated, the aircraft was flying into 10 to 15 mph winds at 90%. At 80% it was flying lateral to the wind.

Something I am seeing is that my previous ignorance on battery care has my batteries in worse condition than their age, times charged and times used would indicate. Lesson learned.

And I repeat it again, the voltage Mod has saved my Anafis. I am very confident flying them again.
The big test will always be to put the anafi flying with a fully charged battery, at the end, at around 7.4 volts, lower it to 50-80 cm high on grass, or any soft surface, and wait until fall. In these circumstances, if it was 20 minutes or more, you have a good battery. Do not abuse this test, as it takes the battery to minimal unhealthy charges.

Percentage
Voltage
90​
7532​
80​
7693​
70​
7549​

Yes, wild fluctuations (wild within reason!) in the battery voltage is perfectly fine - if you are punching full speed in Race mode the voltage will sag and fighting a headwind is going to also cause this sagging.

That is the beauty of the mod, as soon as the battery voltage sags down to a dangerous level while in flight you have a timely warning it is time to bring the drone back in, regardless of the displayed battery level %.

As users of the modded App will (should) have learnt is that voltage does fluctuate while the battery level % does not. This is the nature of the beast the Anafi motors can go from pulling 3 Amps to 30 Amps in milliseconds, and while this impacts the voltage, it does not impact the battery level % as quickly.

Reactions: jaja6009

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar