Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery error

Jmakadjpk

Reaction score
So I had this weird thing happen the other day. Set up my drone with a fully charged battery, flew about 300m away and it come up on the app “auto landing in 2 mins” which I then thought wtf so went to bring it back home and lost all feed. Couldn’t locate drone, didn’t rth and couldn’t find it. (I live on a housing estate. The drone has my address and number stickered on the side. And also went posting leaflets offering a reward if found, in the area I it was lost. After a week a nice lady come and returned my drone, dried it out as it had spent a week in a bush but luckily no damage and it worked. Although the battery doesn’t... it charged but won’t turn on, tried resetting it but getting 4 flashing red lights when plugged in to charge. Other batteries work fine.

Attachments

• 91E95BB5-6FE2-49A0-B440-A1ABC7202D3E.jpeg
    91E95BB5-6FE2-49A0-B440-A1ABC7202D3E.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 12
So I had this weird thing happen the other day. Set up my drone with a fully charged battery, flew about 300m away and it come up on the app “auto landing in 2 mins” which I then thought wtf so went to bring it back home and lost all feed. Couldn’t locate drone, didn’t rth and couldn’t find it. (I live on a housing estate. The drone has my address and number stickered on the side. And also went posting leaflets offering a reward if found, in the area I it was lost. After a week a nice lady come and returned my drone, dried it out as it had spent a week in a bush but luckily no damage and it worked. Although the battery doesn’t... it charged but won’t turn on, tried resetting it but getting 4 flashing red lights when plugged in to charge. Other batteries work fine.
Have you updated Firmware recently?
The battery is completely discharged to 0% and was not charged for a week, then it went bankrupt. (don't throw it away because the electronics inside it may come in handy for someone else who went broke).

Have you updated Firmware recently?
The battery is completely discharged to 0% and was not charged for a week, then it went bankrupt. (don't throw it away because the electronics inside it may come in handy for someone else who went broke).
Everything was up to date but this was just before the last latest update

As you say that the Anafi worked I assume that you gave more than one battery. If you have a multimeter then you could measure the voltage on the dead battery + and - pins as they are always live. If the battery is fully charged the reading should be about 4.2 volts.

From your previous posts I assume that you live in the UK as you were quoting prices in £. It would help other members if you included your location in your profile as some problems can be location specific or you might have a helpful member live close to you.

Reactions: dashSolo
The battery probably has a lower voltage limit anything below that and it won't allow a charge the conventional way.
If you first try checking your voltage using a multimeter as @Liger 1956 suggested you maybe able to revive it using a balance charger as long as it's compatible with the Anafi's battery chemistry. Some balance chargers have a really slow charge rate for that purpose.

I have used a small hobby charger in the past. I don't recommend it all the time though but yes it might just get a dead battery going again.

20190105_150351_HDR.jpg

I'd try a PD charger with minimum 24 Watt ;-) Better 30, 45, .... !
It sometimes seems to help, to put everything on it what it should be able to take!
Good luck
Which you had already, by getting the bird back!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking