Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery LEDs flash red on launch

ghiebert

Reaction score
Website
gordonhiebert.com
I have had the Anafi drone since last December and have not used it. This month I unpacked it, charged and calibrated it. There is a connection and FreeFlight6 says it is ready to fly. When I hit the launch button all that happens is that the LEDs on the drone battery alternately flash red in pairs. The motors do not start. What does this mean? I cannot find this error message anywhere. I have tried to reset the battery twice. Since I am a new owner I could be doing something wrong. What would the flashing lights mean? The battery shows full charge on the flight screen.

you can try resetting the battery (google it), from memory; while on the charger, press and hold the button for about 15 sec and then let go

Yes, did that already a number of times. Obviously something is not working right other than that, I just wanted to know what the error message means. The battery flashes red alternately in pairs just one time and does nothing, as if it is saying there is a mechanical error or maybe connection error to the drone. That is my guess. I was just curious, I have permission now to return this unit for replacement but wanted to know why.

Its possible one of the small pins on the battery connection got bent somehow. This might be giving the error.

I returned the Parrot which never once worked out of the box, no support was ever provided for the issue and the North American warranty depot in Florida said they did not have my registration on record. So I had a drone I paid for that couldn't even turn a motor.
I gave it back to Bestbuy for a Mavic Air 2 which actually does work. Not sure how Parrot survives in Canada.

The never seemed to have cared looking back.
They needed our flight data for the development of their processional drones and now that they have it, we can go f- ourselves even more than before

If I had ever owned a drone before I might have known better what to do. All I was asking them was what the error code meant. They were not answering in person, it was just robots. I finally got a request to restate my error code problem after I gave up and returned the unit. The exchange Mavic Air 2 is giving me good results photographicaly and that is all I wanted. The cost was $500 more though, I was trying to avoid that. I would rather have had the answer to what the code meant and what to do about it.

As everyone is saying, I think we were just the idiots who handed out cash to be "test dummies" for Parrot. Since their announcement all support seems to have gone out of the window.

We have given them all the data they needed to enable them to get into the "military" field, and its now a case that we dont matter anymore, we have served our purpose, which is a great shame as the Anafi had some serious potential for the hobby flyer.

I've not had my Anafi out for months now, and now sure I even will now, looks like I will be moving back over to either DJI or looking at the Evo II.

Maybe once their military spec birds start dropping out of the sky, and they start loosing money on it, that they will regret turning their backs on the hobby flyer.

Reactions: Gundamx9x1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood