Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery, no status lights.

SkySpy

Reaction score
I was out flying the anafi this morning. The battery on the drone should have had a full charge. I pressed the start button. No status lights and drone would not start. Changed to another battery, everything was fine. Back home I put both batteries on charge. The one with the "No Status" flashed red LEDs a couple of times then started charging with green LEDs. It appeared to have nearly a full charge according to the now working status lights. Can anyone please tell me what is happening here?

When you say "The battery on the drone should have had a full charge." do you mean you just charged it up before flying? I ask this because these batteries have a self discharge function, the reason they are called smart batteries. So we need to know how long that battery was sitting before you went to use it. If it sat for more then ten days it goes into hibernation and the only way to get out of hibernation is to put it on the charger to wake it up.

When you say "The battery on the drone should have had a full charge." do you mean you just charged it up before flying? I ask this because these batteries have a self discharge function, the reason they are called smart batteries. So we need to know how long that battery was sitting before you went to use it. If it sat for more then ten days it goes into hibernation and the only way to get out of hibernation is to put it on the charger to wake it up.
Hello Augustine, Thanks for the reply. I have three batteries. I date them with a label each time I charge them. I then rotate their use according to the label. Typically each battery is recharged every 3 to 4 days. I can't say for sure, but I think this batteries charge was in that range. However, It is possible that my rotation was off in this case. I will certainly pay closer attention to based on your information, Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator