Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 motor turns just a bit harder

Walkergetx

Reaction score
I picked up a used Bebop 2 and it flew great, camera worked well. Tonight it snapped a prop blade off in mid flight (?just over the edge of the pool). Got it out quick, dried it as much as possible and will let it sit overnight to dry more.

I did notice that the motor that had the prop break turns just a little bit harder than the others and clicks a bit at each section of the rotation. For those more experienced, is this a bad motor? Did something get bent? Any suggestions?

Thanks. It’s barely different than the others but it is noticeable. I guess at 7500 rpm, it’s not that hard to break a prop. Should I replace the one motor, or all four? Some people have said all four, so do they wear, or just go bad? I’d much rather replace one than four.

Also, I have looked, but don’t see where to look up errors?

thanks.

I picked up a used Bebop 2 and it flew great, camera worked well. Tonight it snapped a prop blade off in mid flight (?just over the edge of the pool). Got it out quick, dried it as much as possible and will let it sit overnight to dry more.

I did notice that the motor that had the prop break turns just a little bit harder than the others and clicks a bit at each section of the rotation. For those more experienced, is this a bad motor? Did something get bent? Any suggestions?

I had the same thing happen to me. I was flying one day about a mile away and came back but after I flew back home (With plenty of battery) I was coming in to land when the drone suddenly fell out of the sky (I was 20 meters high). sadly cracking my battery and some other cosmetic damage :( A few days later I flew it again but the video had Jello which was disappointing. I had replaced the props and checked if there was dirt in the motors (There was none).I did notice when I spun the motors they wobbled a little so I toke the bels of the motors off and there is a shaft that was slightly bent so I straighten them (within 1/1000). It flies better now then it does when I first got it! You probably have a bent motor shaft and should try replacing the motor or straighten the shafts.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Update. It powers up. It connects. The camera video feed opened in a pixelated fashion, horizontally from the middle outward. Once open it’s connected and seems okay. I don’t remember it opening slowly before. Did I just not notice?

I did see an error code before it went in the water. But, of course, it disappeared. The flight log did not download until this recent reboot. It shows a crash, but no errors. I wanted to see if the motors would spin, but don’t want it to take off (possibly with three motors) so I left the props off. Nothing spins. I suppose that could be normal?

What you could do is turn everything on like your going to fly it, pick up the drone and where you would see "take off" on the screen it will change to "hand launch" press it, the motors will turn slowly then abort.

Mike

Yup. Motors start and run. No errors. I think I will replace that rear left motor that is clicking anyway. So impressed it isn’t FUBAR after the swim.

If the motors run, just order a new pack of motor cages and replace them. They are inexpensive. Try not to run the motors in this state as the magnets could be impacting the stator.

I thought buying a new motor was buying a new motor cage? I have not see motor cages for sale. I cannot find them anywhere.

Update: found one set: "last one" on Ebay from China. fingers crossed.

Such a great drone. Can't believe spare parts are so hard to come by.

Last edited:
I thought buying a new motor was buying a new motor cage? I have not see motor cages for sale. I cannot find them anywhere.
No the motor cages are the cage that houses the magnet and the shaft. The kits come with 4 cages already attaches to shafts and C clips. Its a simple remove and replace.

Normally listed as BEBOP 2 Motor KIT, around 20 dollars.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame