Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 Problems

Kennyboy

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

New member here... just been given a third-hand used Bebop 2 with no first hand accurate history other than being told, "I think it has a problem". The drone does not appear to be used very much, but has a couple of marks on it, probably indicating a crash at some point.
I have determined that the two rear motors are spinning backwards. Props are definitely orientated and installed correctly. When I try to take off, the rear blades are pushing air upwards while front ones are spinning correctly, pushing air downwards, which causes the drone to try to backflip without leaving the ground. If I hit take off and then land, I can see clearly that the two rear blades are spinning backwards as they slow and stop.
I did a hard reset. No change. Firmware is up to date. V4.7.1 Did a no-prop 'flight' and app shows no motor error messages. Drone appears to be operating properly in all respects, other than the reversed prop spinning.
As a side note, when attempting to calibrate, The Z axis and Y axis calibrate fine, but the X axis will not, as all lights then turn red, instead of green like the first two. Don't think this would be related, but worth mentioning.
I have tried searching internet and this site, but the issue I have does not appear to be a common one.
Any tips or direction would be appreciated. I am fairly handy at fixing things, but some direction from someone with experience would be most helpful.

I live in Whitby, Ontario, Canada

Thanks!

Hi Kennyboy
I had this problem after rebuilding one of my that had crashed, what it was I had got the motor power cables crossed I simply changed them over and it was fine, let’s hope that is the case with yours good luck🤞

Hi Kennyboy
I had this problem after rebuilding one of my that had crashed, what it was I had got the motor power cables crossed I simply changed them over and it was fine, let’s hope that is the case with yours good luck🤞
Hey thanks for the tip Burt!
I had read somewhere this could solve the issue, so today I managed to switch two of the wires on the small plug feeding each rear motor. Lo and behold, the blades are now spinning in the right direction.
I also managed to solve the x axis calibration problem thanks to a tip I read somewhere on this site saying to spin the drone more quickly in order to get the third calibration. Worked like a charm.
Thanks for the tip once again whoever posted it!

Unfortunately, after all the research and careful work, the drone refuses to take off properly.
I did another hard reset, calibrated all the axes, and did a flat trim. All systems appear to be "GO".
I hit the take off button, and as soon a the drone lifts off, it veers sharply to the left and is uncontrollable so I hit land and watch it tumble to the ground. I have tried it numerous times with the app on my phone, and also with the Skycontroller. Always the same hard to watch result.
I am at a loss as to what to try next. Any ideas would be most appreciated!
Thanks again for the tips!

Hey thanks for the tip Burt!
I had read somewhere this could solve the issue, so today I managed to switch two of the wires on the small plug feeding each rear motor. Lo and behold, the blades are now spinning in the right direction.
I also managed to solve the x axis calibration problem thanks to a tip I read somewhere on this site saying to spin the drone more quickly in order to get the third calibration. Worked like a charm.
Thanks for the tip once again whoever posted it!

Unfortunately, after all the research and careful work, the drone refuses to take off properly.
I did another hard reset, calibrated all the axes, and did a flat trim. All systems appear to be "GO".
I hit the take off button, and as soon a the drone lifts off, it veers sharply to the left and is uncontrollable so I hit land and watch it tumble to the ground. I have tried it numerous times with the app on my phone, and also with the Skycontroller. Always the same hard to watch result.
I am at a loss as to what to try next. Any ideas would be most appreciated!
Thanks again for the tips!
the problem is the propeller are not oem, my bebop 2 power do the same when I test other props wich werent original.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut