Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop battery quickly drain

Mando

Reaction score
I've had my bebop drone for three years now. I never experienced trouble before until now. The problem is the battery power. The batteries are fully charged after take off. Then, the battery level goes from 95% to 15% in less than 30 seconds. Does anyone know why this is happening? I recently did a reset thinking it would help but same issue. Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. The bebop drains the battery down from fully charged to <4% within a minute. When I recharge the battery I find it was only 10 or 15% drained. If I don't recharge and just power the bebop down, when repower it, the drone indicates that the battery is at 90 or 85%. If I fly again, the battery drop down to <4% in a minute. Power down, Power up and the drone shows maybe 75%.
The battery used is a 1500 mAh lipo wired directly. The factory batteries lost their charge over time and could not be recharged. i made a plug that fits the drone plug and connect a regular lipo. The lipo is not bad, I fly planes using the same battery and they fly for 15 - 20 minutes. It also does not matter which of my several lipos I use, the same thing happens.
The drone seems to be miscalculating the % or discharge. There is no way the batteries are draining down to 4% in a minute. No doubt the drone is sucking back power to fly the extra weight of the batteries.
Maybe the drone software thinks the battery capacity is much smaller than it is.
Doing a drone reset does not seem to help. Theoretically that should reset the battery calculations.

Is there anyone from Parrot who understands this issue?

• Haha
Reactions: edwardfcy1970

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456