Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop Camera Transplant

I have fitted a Bebop 2 camera in my Bebop 1, in the past. There are some minor differences considering the 4 screws, so use the original Bebop 2 screws. Another difference is the outer rim, I believe difference is about 1-1,5mm in diameter. Generally I would say yes, you can.

Reactions: 1nformatica
I have fitted a Bebop 2 camera in my Bebop 1, in the past. There are some minor differences considering the 4 screws, so use the original Bebop 2 screws. Another difference is the outer rim, I believe difference is about 1-1,5mm in diameter. Generally I would say yes, you can.
Thanks. The transplant went ahead OK and it works. I was a little disappointed at the video quality. It did not seem as good as when it was on the original Bebop. I wonder if there is some calibration of camera to main board?

Regarding quality, Bebop 1 is far better than Bebop 2. Believe me I have both of them! This has nothing to do with the lens or the camera.

Reactions: 1nformatica
Regarding quality, Bebop 1 is far better than Bebop 2. Believe me I have both of them! This has nothing to do with the lens or the camera.
That is exactly what I saw. Much better with the same camera on the original Bebop. But why? Firmware? Some firmwares better than others for video on the Bebop 2?

Hi guys, been away for a while...just saw this post. There is a huge optical difference between the two cameras.
The original Bebop has plastic lens elements and is not sensitive to temperature. It is easily damaged, because ithas to be out front, and it is plastic.
The BB2 has a slightly larger objective and it is made of glass. The BB2 will not focus well below 40 degrees F. But it is a much more durable lens.
And yes, they definitely screwed up the firmware.

Overall, the BB2 (increased flight time aside) is the result of some pretty crappy engineering.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar