Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop Crashed and claim denied

Bebop2003

Reaction score
I had a Bebop 2 that I was flying over summer and the battery indicator on my phone indicated 38% battery remained. I was filming close to water but not far enough away to where I couldn't land. I was flying along the shoreline back to myself so I could land and within a minute the battery was at 1% and the drone descended rapidly and veered off towards the water resulting in the drone going down about 10ft offshore. I scrambled out to go get it but it was nowhere to be found. So I filed a claim with Parrot and they looked into it but denied me a replacement because it landed in water. Overall the customer support experience was horrible and now I'm stuck with a controller, battery and a whole bunch of other useless accessories but no drone. I just filed another complaint and I'm hoping I can work my way further up in corporate so I can express my discontent with both their product and support. The battery event had happened on one other occasion but after that I no longer used that battery in the drone and only the Skycontroller. Any advice on what to do as I have read numerous threads about peoples drones going down into water and then receiving replacements for their drones? The first time going into customer support I was reasonable and very reserved but this time I made sure to call them out about my previous experience and to be a little more aggressive about my complaint. I'm not asking them to replace my whole package but just the drone itself along with the battery I lost in the crash.

Their attitude is understandable: A lot of people were smart, lied that the drone had fallen into the water and asked for another so it became a spare drone.
The policy is that if there is no drone then there is no replacement. This is also the case with DJI.
Exceptionally, if there is a video recording (screenshot with a video recording program) and there are also log files, then maybe ...

I have the log file that shows exactly where its last known location was if that changes anything....

I would have thought that your log file was proof, especially if you have GPS path & graphics.

They are now saying that the drone is out of warranty even though the claim was originally filed 11 months after purchase.... I see nothing has changed since last time I dealt with their customer support. I think I'm going to sell my skycontroller black edition and the other accessories if anyone here wants them and buy a DJI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar