Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop/parrot fly aways common?

Jack Anon

Reaction score
Hey. new new bebop pilot here. I bought a new bebop less than a week ago with the sky controller and have had five flights now and noticed something wired on my last flight. The bebop did some weird yaw movements

So I did some research and found that some people said that the bebop can do some weird movements just before it goes rouge.

So here is my qustion are fly aways comon for bebop/parrot quads or is it just me being paranoid.

If anyone who has had first hand fly away experince I would like to hear about it.

No I did not do I compass calibration before my last flight I will do it for now on just to be on the safe side of things

The weird yaw movements look like this

My bebop specs
Screenshot_20200930-201841_FreeFlight Pro.jpg

Hi,the movements in helderhugo video is bebop getting hitt by strong wind,you can see props showing in screen,also in smaller left screen above gauges you can see two moving icons,left icon tells me that he is flying very fast and the right icon is showing bebop reaction/compensation when hit by wind......in general you will see less vibration or crazy movement if you fly slow,thus Film and Sport option in Freeflight Pro.....so here is few tips,there is problem with barometer in bebop,it is caused by light passing trough nose of bebop and affecting function of barometer,remove few screws that are holding nose attached to drone and spray paint inside of nose with black paint....it is not big deal if you fly without painting inside the nose but it might affect your bebop in some weird way
calibrate and flat trim before every take off
make sure you have gps and Return to Home icon is green(check in freeflightpro/settings/safety)before take off
after every 5-10 flights do drone reset,it will clear all the Crap accumulated in bebop and minimize chance of flyaway(note:download files from bebop to your device,reset will erase all videos in bebop)....ask if you have more questions

Thank you I was a little worried something might be wrong.
I have multiple batteries doees it make a diffrence if I only caibrate compass and flat trim before i start flying for the day or is there a risk in doing so.
What firmware is best for the bebop :)

I calibrate and flat trim after every battery replacement,latest firmware is ok ,there was no issues when it came out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut