Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Beobop 2 Flight Plan Altitude

REESO

Reaction score
Hi.

I have recently purchased the Flight Plan for Freeflight pro v5.2.4. I have had a couple flights all to be a success although I do have a couple questions that I hope someone has the answers to.

1. After any P.O.I during any flight, my camera angle will stay at the angle from the P.O.I. until the flight plan is complete Even though I insert the camera angle demand back to 0dgrs after the P.O.I. Am I missing something here?

2. Is there a setting that informs the drone of the altitude at take off point? for example, My house is positioned 40m above sea level. My house over looks a river that is at sea level 40m below my house. I would like to take off from my house and fly the drone about 10m above the river. I cannot seem to find away to fly the drone at a lower altitude than the take off point (using flight plan).

Any advice would be great thanks

I am not sure on your first question, but on your second one, the drone altitude numbers that you use in flight plan are relative to the ground where it launched, not sea level.

Where you launch is always an altitude of 0, so if you set an altitude of 100 feet, that’s 100 feet above the ground where you launched, not sea level + 100 feet.

If you want to fly below the ground altitude of your start point you can, but it will have to be a manual flight. Flight plan does not allow negative altitude values

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure on your first question, but on your second one, the drone altitude numbers that you use in flight plan are relative to the ground where it launched, not sea level.

Where you launch is always an altitude of 0, so if you set an altitude of 100 feet, that’s 100 feet above the ground where you launched, not sea level + 100 feet.

If you want to fly below the ground altitude of your start point you can, but it will have to be a manual flight. Flight plan does not allow negative altitude values

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I thought this must be the case. I thought I would put the question out there incase I was missing a setting that allows you to input the true altitude of a take off point. Maybe in a future update.
Thanks again.

Hi.

I have recently purchased the Flight Plan for Freeflight pro v5.2.4. I have had a couple flights all to be a success although I do have a couple questions that I hope someone has the answers to.

1. After any P.O.I during any flight, my camera angle will stay at the angle from the P.O.I. until the flight plan is complete Even though I insert the camera angle demand back to 0dgrs after the P.O.I. Am I missing something here?

2. Is there a setting that informs the drone of the altitude at take off point? for example, My house is positioned 40m above sea level. My house over looks a river that is at sea level 40m below my house. I would like to take off from my house and fly the drone about 10m above the river. I cannot seem to find away to fly the drone at a lower altitude than the take off point (using flight plan).

Any advice would be great thanks

1.When creating a POI pay attention to the points that is highlighted to reference that POI. You must deselect the remaining points that you dont want to reference the POI.

2. We used to be able to manually type in a negative value in Flight plan but that was removed because people were flying their drone into the ground. The minimum now is 0.4meters it will not go into negative altitude.

Cheers
Ant

Reactions: REESO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian