Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best software for Panoramas and HDRI Bursts?

OBjuan

Reaction score
Any suggestions for good softwares to use for stiching together panorama shots and/or HDRI bursts?

Free-Flight does a pretty nice job with the panoramas (I particularly like the distorto bubble versions) but it takes quite a while, I don't especially want to download all the stills to my phone, and the sound of having my Anafi on in the room while it works is less than pleasant.

I'm assuming there must be some good Windows programs that can give the same results on my computer after I offload from the sd card?

Thanks

For HDR, I use Aurora

Have a look at PTGui ($$$) and Hugin (free) for panorama stitching and image remapping.

Photomatix is another HDR software, and this one has the advantage of supporting 360 HDR images, it has an option to specify if the HDR image is a full 360º panorama, so when the panoramic image is viewed in a VR viewer, the seam where the image start and ends looks “seamless” and continuous. With all other HDR programs (as long as I know), trying to make an HDR 360º panoramic image could result in some variation of exposure between the start and end point of the panoramic sequence, resulting in an uneven seam like this:
9C85AABB-88E3-4B74-A8C2-8686A95697DE.jpeg
Of course, if you do HDR of each individual image (using exposure bracketing), and then stitch all the processed HDR images together in a 360º panorama using a program like “Image Composite Editor” mentioned before, you will also get a seamless HDR 360º panorama without issue.

I have used Photomatix a lot in the past. Did not know it was good for 360 photos. Will have to give it a try. Any tips you can suggest?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood