Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Broken arm

mafialink

Reaction score
One of the arms on my anafi broke. Just bought the replacement kit. Anyone know how easy it is to replace? Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I watched the video. Anyway to do this without taking the whole body off? Can you just take off the damaged arm?
4c6cd6bb2119ca2b7f524a3f071099e7.jpg

Isn't that about the same like if you would ask : How can I dispose them in the river, without getting 'em a Chicago overcoat?

One of the arms on my anafi broke. Just bought the replacement kit. Anyone know how easy it is to replace? Any advice?

You just will not break down the whole body to remove but pretty close. The boards will be left and gimbal.
My replacement of original arms for thermal
I damaged my arms in a fly away crash. Ordered new arms and motor kit instead of body kit even though a little more cost. Figured new motors more useful than body as it was not damaged. body kit was around 140CAD compared to 230CAD plus shipping from RMUS Canada. I was surprised to see the kit sent was thermal arms but they worked perfect and definitely way more stiffer so bonus.
Replacing the arms you can use your prop torx key to dissemble the bolts. as not many people have a T6 screwdriver. Tweezers are a must. It will definitely take you couple hours to do. have that disassembly video on youtube in front of you or the manual.
The hardest part was just the spacer between arms,pushing back hinge and getting wires reattached (tweezers needed). My hinge bent in crash as you can see in my photo comparison which I didn't know until I took apart.. Take your own photos when you take apart just so you can reference quickly to where things are.
The hinge pushing back in worried me the most because felt like I was going to break frame but it needs to snap all the way in..and line it up. The spacer between arms just bit awkward while holding arms and pushing hinge in. The wires easy to take off with tweezers and when putting back the antenna wires have good eyes to snap in place with tweezers.
That's my 2 bits.

You just will not break down the whole body to remove but pretty close. The boards will be left and gimbal.
My replacement of original arms for thermal
I damaged my arms in a fly away crash. Ordered new arms and motor kit instead of body kit even though a little more cost. Figured new motors more useful than body as it was not damaged. body kit was around 140CAD compared to 230CAD plus shipping from RMUS Canada. I was surprised to see the kit sent was thermal arms but they worked perfect and definitely way more stiffer so bonus.
Replacing the arms you can use your prop torx key to dissemble the bolts. as not many people have a T6 screwdriver. Tweezers are a must. It will definitely take you couple hours to do. have that disassembly video on youtube in front of you or the manual.
The hardest part was just the spacer between arms,pushing back hinge and getting wires reattached (tweezers needed). My hinge bent in crash as you can see in my photo comparison which I didn't know until I took apart.. Take your own photos when you take apart just so you can reference quickly to where things are.
The hinge pushing back in worried me the most because felt like I was going to break frame but it needs to snap all the way in..and line it up. The spacer between arms just bit awkward while holding arms and pushing hinge in. The wires easy to take off with tweezers and when putting back the antenna wires have good eyes to snap in place with tweezers.
That's my 2 bits.

Just my feedback I followed some videos on YouTube too and I replaced the rear right leg, surprised how easy it was and how simple the components are put together.

Completely agree with you tweezers are a must.

I also learnt from my expensive mistake of what happens when you put the props on the wrong way.

Atleast am more confident in replacing parts if I cause any more silly damage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh