Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Broken micro USB bebop2

Swordfish

Reaction score
icro USB connector broken, can't connect mi bebop2 yo my pc. Can be changed? Is there another way to download without using my cellphone?

I'm sorry you're message is a bit hard to understand. Do you mean

My bebop 2's micro usb connector is broken. Can't connect to my bebop 2 on PC. can this be changed? Is there another way to download photos and videos with out using wifi?

can this be changed?
Yes or maybe depending on you meaning of changed you can always change the motherboard but I have a feeling you don't mean change it by replaceing the motherboard if the connector is physically broken off you might have luck resoldering it if you or someone you know have any exprencine with SMD soldering.. You could also try see if anyone at a laptop/cellphone repair shop has the abilty to resolder if the connector just broke off

THO If the bebop works and you'r able to transfer photos and video via wifi I would leave it alone I don't think it's worth a new motherboard and theres always the possabilty of damaging the motherboard if you try to resolder the micro usb assuming you have none to little soldering exprince much less likely if the person attemping the job has a good amount a exprenice but still possable.

Is there another way to download photos and video with out using wifi?
Not to my knowagle there are only two ways to transfer files via usb and wifi but I'm pretty sure the bebop 2 has RX TX Pads but I don't know of anyone using it for foto/videos or if it's possable.

Do you have any pictures of the broken micro usb port?

Last edited:
I would agree, the connections for the micro usb port are very small and would require special soldering equipment to repair it. Unless you know someone with that kind of equipment the risk of damaging the motherboard is too great. I would just live with transfers by Wifi. Since the Bebop 2 is now a discontinued product, you may be able to find a motherboard cheaper now. I personally don't think its worth the time and money, That is all the USB port is used for anyway. Wifi transfer is slower then USB, but works.
Not to say that the drone isn't worth it, I still find this to be a great drone and will still use it for awhile yet.

Mike

I would agree, the connections for the micro usb port are very small and would require special soldering equipment to repair it. Unless you know someone with that kind of equipment the risk of damaging the motherboard is too great. I would just live with transfers by Wifi. Since the Bebop 2 is now a discontinued product, you may be able to find a motherboard cheaper now. I personally don't think its worth the time and money, That is all the USB port is used for anyway. Wifi transfer is slower then USB, but works.
Not to say that the drone isn't worth it, I still find this to be a great drone and will still use it for awhile yet.

Mike
Thanks for the answer, i dont know how to download with WiFi with a pc. I tried out, i comnonnext to bebop2 wifi but then i dont know what to do, i dont see like a drive to download

I'm sorry you're message is a bit hard to understand. Do you mean

My bebop 2's micro usb connector is broken. Can't connect to my bebop 2 on PC. can this be changed? Is there another way to download photos and videos with out using wifi?

can this be changed?
Yes or maybe depending on you meaning of changed you can always change the motherboard but I have a feeling you don't mean change it by replaceing the motherboard if the connector is physically broken off you might have luck resoldering it if you or someone you know have any exprencine with SMD soldering.. You could also try see if anyone at a laptop/cellphone repair shop has the abilty to resolder if the connector just broke off

THO If the bebop works and you'r able to transfer photos and video via wifi I would leave it alone I don't think it's worth a new motherboard and theres always the possabilty of damaging the motherboard if you try to resolder the micro usb assuming you have none to little soldering exprince much less likely if the person attemping the job has a good amount a exprenice but still possable.

Is there another way to download photos and video with out using wifi?
Not to my knowagle there are only two ways to transfer files via usb and wifi but I'm pretty sure the bebop 2 has RX TX Pads but I don't know of anyone using it for foto/videos or if it's possable.

Do you have any pictures of the broken micro usb port?
Please help me out how download by WiFi with pc. I connected to mi bebop2 wifi with mi laptop but i dont know how to proceed. Thanks and sorry for mi english

You can't use a PC to transfer the files. You have to use Freeflight pro. Where you see the drone memory, tough there. It will open up the second screen and touch "Select all" (showing as deselect on screenshot) then press the "transfer" text. Once the files are transferred you will see an option to keep or delete the files in the drone memory. I delete them to free up space.

Then connect your device to the pc and you can copy the drone files from the device. Android devices if I remember right is

internal storage/dcim/bebop 2

Mike

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201108-064624.jpg
    Screenshot_20201108-064624.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20201108-064644.jpg
    Screenshot_20201108-064644.jpg
    810.4 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads