Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BUILT QUALITY OF ANAFI FPV version

crossroad

Reaction score
I bought ANAFI (version FPV) from AMAZON.DE because of the offer (Black Friday, 599 euros). Also because this particular version about 1 year after the original version is "supposed" to have more improved features especially due to the redesign of the legs.

I've had it for 1 month and I've done 35 flights without any problems.

But overall quality construction is not satisfactory.

1. As soon as I opened the box I noticed problems in the construction of the 2 hind legs.
LEFT FOOT.jpgRIGHT FOOT.jpg

2. When i read in another post thread : arm won't lock open (no click sound) , I decided to check my plane and found:

- I have a normal sound clicks from the 3 of the legs . At 1 (right hind foot) the sound is slightly different (low sound).
I'm thinking of checking the 2 screws and find that almost complete rotation is possible on both screws.
After tightening the result was that the screw for one foot was tightened (in this foot with the different sound, without changing the sound) but the screw for the other foot (left hind foot) did not tighten.
Looking more closely I saw that there is a small line on the upper surface and a 1 mm difference in the closure of the upper structure.
These were there from the beginning ,
They were NOT done by tightening the screws.

DJI_0112.jpgDJI_0113.jpg

3. After my last flight with ND32 filter and serious problems on my videos (focus and jitter) I am quite concerned about its overall construction and durability.

I bought ANAFI (version FPV) from AMAZON.DE because of the offer (Black Friday, 599 euros). Also because this particular version about 1 year after the original version is "supposed" to have more improved features especially due to the redesign of the legs.

I've had it for 1 month and I've done 35 flights without any problems.

But overall quality construction is not satisfactory.

1. As soon as I opened the box I noticed problems in the construction of the 2 hind legs.
View attachment 3278View attachment 3279

2. When i read in another post thread : arm won't lock open (no click sound) , I decided to check my plane and found:

- I have a normal sound clicks from the 3 of the legs . At 1 (right hind foot) the sound is slightly different (low sound).
I'm thinking of checking the 2 screws and find that almost complete rotation is possible on both screws.
After tightening the result was that the screw for one foot was tightened (in this foot with the different sound, without changing the sound) but the screw for the other foot (left hind foot) did not tighten.
Looking more closely I saw that there is a small line on the upper surface and a 1 mm difference in the closure of the upper structure.
These were there from the beginning ,
They were NOT done by tightening the screws.

View attachment 3281View attachment 3282

3. After my last flight with ND32 filter and serious problems on my videos (focus and jitter) I am quite concerned about its overall construction and durability.

Seems your not happy with your purchase. Amazon is very good at taking back products when you are not satisfied. Maybe look into that before you cannot return it.

I'm not sure if I can sending back to AMAZON after a month.
I enjoy flights, but I am very worried, especially after problems with the videos.
I do not know what to do

The Anafi is a very good UAV but sometimes you will get a lemon. There could be a problem with yours but it might just have been a one time thing. Like I said Amazon is one of the better ones for taking back products or exchanging them so it would not hurt to try at least to see what they have to say.

I sent a message to AMAZON and Parrot asking for a replacement. We will see their response to my request.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The Anafi is a very good UAV but sometimes you will get a lemon. There could be a problem with yours but it might just have been a one time thing. Like I said Amazon is one of the better ones for taking back products or exchanging them so it would not hurt to try at least to see what they have to say.

Agustine Many thanks for your suggestions.
I have just been informed by AMAZON.DE that they are sending me a replacement !!!
I wish I could get better material.
I asked not to be refurbished.
Let's see what we get

Last edited:
And one last, perhaps dumb, question.
My mobile has the Freeglight version with FCC function.
Do I need to uninstall it and install the official version for my new drone?

And one last, perhaps dumb, question.
My mobile has the Freeglight version with FCC function.
Do I need to uninstall it and install the official version for my new drone?

No you do not have to change anything on the software side. It will work with the replacement.

Reactions: crossroad
crossroad, looks like you gota used anafi... should have looked more into it. Good luck.......

My friend you may be right.
2 things I suspect:

1. Within less than 10 hours AMAZON.DE has responded to my message and is sending a replacement (although it knows that drone has sold me has 30 flights and has more than 1 month since purchase)

2. I never managed to sign up through the Freeflight app. Although I have a PARROT account after buying 3 extra batteries, but they never explained why I can't even register as a new user. (I've sent mail from 26/12)
Is it because this drone is registered to another user on the company's servers?

I will definitely research everything ...

What about the sticker where the microSD card is. There are any signs of manipulation ?

My friend you may be right.
2 things I suspect:

1. Within less than 10 hours AMAZON.DE has responded to my message and is sending a replacement (although it knows that drone has sold me has 30 flights and has more than 1 month since purchase)

2. I never managed to sign up through the Freeflight app. Although I have a PARROT account after buying 3 extra batteries, but they never explained why I can't even register as a new user. (I've sent mail from 26/12)
Is it because this drone is registered to another user on the company's servers?

I will definitely research everything ...

I had this issue when I first bought the Anafi, the parrot login is not the same as the freeflight login. However I had an issue where I could not use the email address I used to create the Parrot login when creating the freeflight login!

Sticker ? I dont see anything.
yesterday I received the new drone sent to me by AMAZON.DE.
From a first check I noticed no problems.

There is still a problem with registering through the freeflight application.
THERE IS NO REGISTRATION AS A NEW USER !!!

I had this issue when I first bought the Anafi, the parrot login is not the same as the freeflight login. However I had an issue where I could not use the email address I used to create the Parrot login when creating the freeflight login!

1. I have an account in Official Parrot site.
2. Any attempt I make, I can't sign up from the Freeflight app, with my Parrot' s account.
I tried to register as a new user with new mail. Same result. (using the app).

The same thing happens with the new drone I got from AMAZON as a replacement.:mad:

From 23/12 I sent a message to Parrot Technical Support and they replied that they are still looking for it !!!!! .....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood