Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Camera Angles in Flight plan with Parrot Anafi

Gert_Connoway

Reaction score
Hi All

I bought a Anafi drone a few months ago and only started to use the Flight Plan a few days ago.
I totally understand the whole flight plan creation part but i struggle with the camera angles. I created a flight plan
with a few way points so the drone fly a few hundred meters to the point of interest. I inserted a few way points around the POI.
Then the flight plan brings the drone back again. I set the camera angle to be 30deg after the POI on the way back to the last two waypoints but the drone kept the same camera angle and did not change to 30Deg resulting in the video for the last part being captured almost directly downwards and not just below the horizon.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Here is Youtube Link to video:

Gert

Last edited:
It's not your fault. The tilt angle hasn't worked properly since the bebop 1 days. Only recently has it worked at all. The POI feature is weird as well. Here are some tips: Make your first 2 waypoints near the take off point, high (at travel altitude), and very close together. Designate them as POI waypoints even though they're far away from the POI. This does a couple of things; It gets one of the pregnant pauses out of the way and saves a little juice by not stopping from top speed and starting again. Then advance straight in to your POI. The tilt will already be smoothly working. There will be a pause as it arrives, but it is not objectionable. Then it should proceed smoothly around the POI waypoints. At the next to last POI waypoint, set it so you back straight away for some distance. This will artificially set your tilt to normal. Then you can set a non POI way point and fly home. It's a shame it doesn't work correctly but it is what it is.

Reactions: zandoli

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar