Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Camera Gimble not calibrating

TBee

Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone know anyone who offer a repair service for the Parrot Anafi. The Drone flys and the camera is working but on start up the Gimble spins left and right but not up and down. When it's in the air I can take pictures but the camera is at an angle and I cannot move the camera using the controller. On my phone I get the message as below. I have tried a hard reset and it hasn't worked so I tried to recalibrate the camera but it is showing as not available. See below. received_680372826198941.jpegreceived_400789411075258.jpeg

I have been in touch with Parrot support but they can't help me and have advised that they do not know of anyone who can repair this. The Drone has not been crashed and the gimbal is not damaged. I am convinced this is a lose connector or something simple. Unfortunately I don't have the skill to take it apart and just want to send it somewhere to pay someone to either fix it or tell me it's beyond repair. On the verge of selling it for parts and buy a DJI Mavic as there are repair centres for the DJI but if this is a simple fix I would rather get it fixed. Can anyone help or recommend.

I agree that it is probably a lose connector. To bad you don't feel comfortable to tackle it yourself as it is not to hard to remove the case to get at the connectors. Using a small hard plastic piece that will not damage anything you can press on all the connectors leading to the camera. The connectors and just compression fit and do come lose from vibration or crashes.

Give your location and perhaps someone in your region can help you out.

Hi all. Does anyone know anyone who offer a repair service for the Parrot Anafi. The Drone flys and the camera is working but on start up the Gimble spins left and right but not up and down. When it's in the air I can take pictures but the camera is at an angle and I cannot move the camera using the controller. On my phone I get the message as below. I have tried a hard reset and it hasn't worked so I tried to recalibrate the camera but it is showing as not available. See below. View attachment 5054View attachment 5055

I have been in touch with Parrot support but they can't help me and have advised that they do not know of anyone who can repair this. The Drone has not been crashed and the gimbal is not damaged. I am convinced this is a lose connector or something simple. Unfortunately I don't have the skill to take it apart and just want to send it somewhere to pay someone to either fix it or tell me it's beyond repair. On the verge of selling it for parts and buy a DJI Mavic as there are repair centres for the DJI but if this is a simple fix I would rather get it fixed. Can anyone help or recommend.

I agree that it is probably a lose connector. To bad you don't feel comfortable to tackle it yourself as it is not to hard to remove the case to get at the connectors. Using a small hard plastic piece that will not damage anything you can press on all the connectors leading to the camera. The connectors and just compression fit and do come lose from vibration or crashes.

Hi Augustine, thanks for your reply. I have had the Drone case off to have a look to see if I could see any lose wires but I there was nothing obvious. I need someone who has more knowledge. I am near Milton Keynes but quite happy to send my drone anywhere in the UK if someone with the necessary repair skills can help.

Hopefully someone will pipe up and offer to help. You will not see anything that looks lose unless it is really lose to the point it is almost falling out of the socket. I had to repair one of mine after a crash by pushing on each connector till I found the one that was not making complete contact. Just looking at the connectors I would never had guessed it was loose.

Hopefully someone will pipe up and offer to help. You will not see anything that looks lose unless it is really lose to the point it is almost falling out of the socket. I had to repair one of mine after a crash by pushing on each connector till I found the one that was not making complete contact. Just looking at the connectors I would never had guessed it was loose.
Thanks Augustine. I didn't want to probe too hard as everything is very delicate inside the Drone. Hopefully there is a knight in shining armour out there that will be able to help. This is my first drone and I have absolutely fallen in love with flying this. Just gutted that it is currently not working. Have a lovely evening.

although it does sound like a loose connection for good measure you may want to try a soft reset in FF6 if you have not already done so
Power up drone and connect thru FF6
Select drone icon on top of screen
Then scroll to bottom of on right of screen below map
there you will find a a reset button
One done it should prompt you for camera calibration
I'm not sure if there is a difference between hard and soft resets
But may be worth a try
Good luck

Thanks, I will definitely try this. Not sure it will work but anything is worth a try.

This is about the fourth person with this issue(including me) after the last firmware. I have tried resetting and opening the drone and reseating gimbal cables with no luck.

Reactions: 13ils4nt013
hello, i have a problem on my anafi parrot. I just changed the gimbal, it does its vertical calibration but it does not do the horizontal, and it marks, checked that nothing interferes with the camera. ah also impossible to control the camera and no stabilization available.
someone can help me please.

Decent video on subject.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHdM6rDCot0

Hi all. Does anyone know anyone who offer a repair service for the Parrot Anafi. The Drone flys and the camera is working but on start up the Gimble spins left and right but not up and down. When it's in the air I can take pictures but the camera is at an angle and I cannot move the camera using the controller. On my phone I get the message as below. I have tried a hard reset and it hasn't worked so I tried to recalibrate the camera but it is showing as not available. See below. View attachment 5054View attachment 5055

HAVING SAME ISSUE. NEED HELP!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batman