Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can’t take off

Sharkbuoy

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently got the ‘vertical camera failure’ message so did the full hard resets and soft factory reset and this got rid of the error message. Now everything loads, starts up and connects correctly but when I press ‘take off’ nothing happens. If I pick it up it changes to hand launch but again nothing happens. All icons on drone are green I.e camera, props and they twitch on start up as they always have. I have deleted FF6 and reinstalled but that didn’t work. If anything that now crashes if I select anything from the bottom bar. I have contacted customer services but still waiting for a reply. Any help much appreciated. I’ll update if/when I hear from them.

Hopefully Parrot will reply with something positive.

In the meantime here’s some info regarding the vertical camera.

The camera itself is housed in a plastic bracket which is push fitted to the top of the screening can of the WiFi circuit. This bracket serves a second function of being a clip for the WiFi antennas that run from the rear of the Anafi, into all four arms, and out to the feet below the motors. The electrical connection for the vertical camera is a small ribbon cable that runs to the underside of the motherboard and attaches via a friction fit connector. As there is an appreciable amount of spring tension in this ribbon cable it is possible for the connector to lose its electrical connection with the motherboard. Parrot, probably for cost cutting reasons, did not provide any form of secure fixing for this cable other than to run it through a small wire retainer to reduce some of the movement. So in an overly hard return to ground this connector can become disconnected.

I’m not suggesting you should start to dismember your Anafi, especially if it’s still under warranty and Parrot are proactive in a solution, but only as a very last resort you can check to see if the cable has become disconnected.

Regards

Nidge.

Reactions: Zamzara
Hopefully Parrot will reply with something positive.

In the meantime here’s some info regarding the vertical camera.

The camera itself is housed in a plastic bracket which is push fitted to the top of the screening can of the WiFi circuit. This bracket serves a second function of being a clip for the WiFi antennas that run from the rear of the Anafi, into all four arms, and out to the feet below the motors. The electrical connection for the vertical camera is a small ribbon cable that runs to the underside of the motherboard and attaches via a friction fit connector. As there is an appreciable amount of spring tension in this ribbon cable it is possible for the connector to lose its electrical connection with the motherboard. Parrot, probably for cost cutting reasons, did not provide any form of secure fixing for this cable other than to run it through a small wire retainer to reduce some of the movement. So in an overly hard return to ground this connector can become disconnected.

I’m not suggesting you should start to dismember your Anafi, especially if it’s still under warranty and Parrot are proactive in a solution, but only as a very last resort you can check to see if the cable has become disconnected.

Regards

Nidge.

Thank you Nidge,
I found a video on you tube on how to take it apart but I’ve only had it a week so will wait for parrot for a reply as it’s under warranty. If not I’ll try your suggestion.

Cheers

Reactions: Nidge
Thank you Nidge,
I found a video on you tube on how to take it apart but I’ve only had it a week so will wait for parrot for a reply as it’s under warranty. If not I’ll try your suggestion.

Cheers

Sensible decision, Sharkbouy.

I would only suggest doing the above once all other avenues have been exhausted. If you were to open it yourself, especially when it’s under warranty, only to find severe physical damage, e.g. a torn ribbon cable, Parrot might refuse any assistance and it could be very difficult to source the part yourself.

Fingers crossed you’ll be back in the air again very soon.

Regards

Nidge.

Hi any progress with your issue?
I also seem to have somewhat similar issue with my drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame