Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can the drone fly when it's raining?

PilotPauline

Reaction score
Hi. I have just purchased an Anafi Parrot Drone. Played with it a little so far but I can't find anywhere that says if it can be flown when it's raining? Also do they come with built in Infrared?

I have flown in a little drizzle, but anything heavier I would think about putting some clingfilm over the top of it.

Water can flow down through the cover plate on to the GPS antenna, then down on to the motor board.

Also gaps between the battery may cause water down on the base - and on to the motherboard.

Motors and Antenna will not be affected by the water, so nothing to worry about in that respect.

Reactions: PilotPauline
Mine was up in the air when it began to rain. Took several minutes to get in landed, and there was no loss of control. Yet, I would not have taken off in the rain, since it's not rated for wet conditions, nor is my iPad, or the controller.

It shouldn’t affect the motors but as the Anafi has quite a few openings and snap together bits water ingress into the fuse and main electronic components will end in tears.

For flying in adverse conditions you need something built for the task. I have a Powervision PowerEgg X with the waterproof body kit and it will fly quite happily in torrential rain and 25mph wind but it was designed that way.

Nidge.

Up to a point it will fly in the rain unless your a idiot like this guy LOL

Well I think it is great that someone took the initiative to finally perform a water resistance test
However, in order for it to have been an accurate and and complete test he should have poured water on controller and smart device too!
So inconclusive;)
Thanks for sharing made my day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar