Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can you use POI without a flight plan?

Reject

Reaction score
I was out today shooting an abandoned fortress and was trying to use a POI in the Flightplan, but couldnt quite get it to work. Do you have to have a planned path of flight for the POI to register with the drone?

My aim was to have the Bebop 2 constantly pointing the camera at the target while I do the flying manually. I did also briefly try the "follow me" function, but it was having a hard time keeping the object focused. So is "Follow me" the way to go even on a structure or can I get Flightplan POI working somehow with manual flight control?

I was out today shooting an abandoned fortress and was trying to use a POI in the Flightplan, but couldnt quite get it to work. Do you have to have a planned path of flight for the POI to register with the drone?

My aim was to have the Bebop 2 constantly pointing the camera at the target while I do the flying manually. I did also briefly try the "follow me" function, but it was having a hard time keeping the object focused. So is "Follow me" the way to go even on a structure or can I get Flightplan POI working somehow with manual flight control?

Not familiar with the Bebop 2 App but if it has the Camara Man option like Free Flight 6 for the Anafi you should be able to lock onto the subject and use the sticks to control your course.

Not familiar with the Bebop 2 App but if it has the Camara Man option like Free Flight 6 for the Anafi you should be able to lock onto the subject and use the sticks to control your course.

That is very much true! However, with the POI it will lock on an exact virtual position so that even if the subject is very low contrast which would result in the drone losing tracking in camera mode, the drone would still have the desired POI in frame I guess. With "touch and fly" you can do it on Anafi

Oooooh, you can set a POI outside of the Flightplan! Most awesome, that never occured to me. This will be very, very helpful, thanks a bunch lads!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood