Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can't draw rectangle around or double tap a target when trying out Cameraman or Follow me modes

crowds

Reaction score
Hey All,
I'm a few flights in and have been wanting to try out the Follow me and Cameraman modes. But double tapping or trying to draw a rectangle around a target (me) does nothing. Am I missing something?

Phone: Redmi Note 8 Pro
Skycontroller S/W version 1.6.3
Anafi S/W Version 1.6.8
freeflight 6.6.9

Do you get any errors?

Most of the time when it does not allow selecting is if the drone is too low.

The too low is defined by the height shown in FF6 (top left corner), make sure you that shows height above ~10m, and see if it allows it.

Also make sure you have green GPS on controller & drone.

Do you get any errors?

Most of the time when it does not allow selecting is if the drone is too low.

The too low is defined by the height shown in FF6 (top left corner), make sure you that shows height above ~10m, and see if it allows it.

Also make sure you have green GPS on controller & drone.
On further reading I suspect it could be my phone. It seems there are issues with the redmi Note 8 pro. I bit the bullet last night and ordered a new phone...will try with that later :)

For the various problem that are related to the phone, I had a Little problem With the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 :
When I use the right trigger as ‘manual setting for +/- exposure’, and go straight up to the max, when I decrease exposure I get the message ‘maximum zoom reached’.
Sent screenshots to Parrot support, their advice was to test it on other phones :
Did the test with an iPad 4 mini, no problem (but on iOS), did the same test my wife’s Android Huawei Honor and it works great too.
As the bug is just a little annoying, and I know when it happens, I just live with it, other bugs can be particularly tricky.
So some bugs can be specific to phones, it’s easy to test the App with another phone (from a friend or in a shop... or from internet, then send it back if it does not fit your app)

Just been out to test the tracking functions in my new phone (galaxy s10) and everything appears to be functioning as expected. The live feed is so much better as well. Before I was getting an artifact full single image every 8 seconds or so. Rendering the stream useless for accurate and safe flight. But now it seems fine with just the slight lag as you would expect.

The older phones are just not equipped for the high standards required by these drones, not just the Anafi, but DJI as well, although on the Mavic Pro I can still use my old Nexus 7 (2013) without any real issues, whereas the Anafi wont even look at it.

Higher spec phones are nearly always going to give you better results all around.

The older phones are just not equipped for the high standards required by these drones, not just the Anafi, but DJI as well, although on the Mavic Pro I can still use my old Nexus 7 (2013) without any real issues, whereas the Anafi wont even look at it.

Higher spec phones are nearly always going to give you better results all around.
Both phones where released with a six month gap and indeed on paper the Exynos 9820 performs better than the MediaTek Helio G90T . Although I find the Redmi far more responsive. From reading around it would seem that there heavily modded OS (Mi) can cause issues with freeflight. Time to sell the Redmi I guess. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh