Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can't seem to upload to FF6 Gallery..always says "No Media" after upload onto phone storage..360s/Panos **** near impossible without Google

Reaction score
this problem truly sucks...my first inclination is i am still using an old version of FF6 due to my Google Pixel 1 not being able to transmit video between camera-screen...therefore I am hesitant to upgrade to latest version of FF6 to see if there is a better Pano/360 workflow than what i am stuck with. Right now I basically upload the pano/360 jpegs to my phone storage and pray that Google eventually recognizes them and stitches them into finished Pano..there's got to be a better way? I am on FF6 version v6.3.2 if that helps...

You have to make the panorama yourself with the application. I'm not sure if it's changed since your version, but if you open the gallery within FF6, you'll see 2 tabs on top.
Select SD Card, the panorama should be highlighted, with a globe (360 panorama) or with a stretched out rectangle (normal panorama). Click on it, and you'll have an option to do a fast process with lower quality or a high quality with slower process. Select whichever you would like. It'll take roughly a minute for normal, around 2 minutes for 360.

If you don't have this option, you'll have to manually stitch together the images.

I suggest you to update to the latest version. It has some nice features and fixes as well.
Also if the drone fails with a non-latest version of firmware, you might have problems with your warranty.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
Thanks Mr Dosa, love this drone but i can't figure this out for the life of me.

Everytime I take the photos, pull them off SD card and onto local hard drive (ie my laptop hard drive) then reload onto my phone (do i put them in FF6 folder? Google Photos folder? DCIM folder? Who knows?) via USB-C connection to computer, then I open the app, click on Gallery in main screen, and everytime i get the black screen with NO MEDIA and no tabs or anything that i can click on...very weird. I was wondering if i don't have my app permissions set to allow FF6 to read my storage but i checked there and the permission is turned on. Very strange. I wish i could just upgrade but i think being able to see live video as i fly is more important than automated pano stitching and i will just be stuck with pano and 360 stitching in Lightroom CC from here on out unless I can figure this out. A

I’m confused. Why do you need to reload them? When I do a download via the app to gallery while still connected - typically after landing and grabbing pics I want to see now - they show up also in google photos. The gallery also opens from the app and all your downloads are there. I never put the DNGs in the gallery as the size is prohibitive. Once I get the card in the computer, I label all my clips and shots there for future post projects. Everything in the gallery should be automatically cloned by google photos including the panorama photos that FF6 assembled - which it does well assuming you’ve got compatible hardware and Android system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: jmbsmt63
hmmm i suppose i've never tried to do any of that whilst still connected to SkyController via USB-C and the drone itself..hopefully that is all it is, thanks for the help

If you're home, you don't need to set up the controller and everything, just unfold the drone, turn it on, then connect to the drone's WiFi via your phone. The rest is shown in the GIF.

Report back if it's working. ;)

Thanks Mr Dosa, love this drone but i can't figure this out for the life of me.

Everytime I take the photos, pull them off SD card and onto local hard drive (ie my laptop hard drive) then reload onto my phone (do i put them in FF6 folder? Google Photos folder? DCIM folder? Who knows?) via USB-C connection to computer, then I open the app, click on Gallery in main screen, and everytime i get the black screen with NO MEDIA and no tabs or anything that i can click on...very weird. I was wondering if i don't have my app permissions set to allow FF6 to read my storage but i checked there and the permission is turned on. Very strange. I wish i could just upgrade but i think being able to see live video as i fly is more important than automated pano stitching and i will just be stuck with pano and 360 stitching in Lightroom CC from here on out unless I can figure this out. A

OK, I'll be THAT GUY...Your dilemma is explained in the operation manual...Maybe take a break and look through it? I guarantee there will be other useful tid-bits of information in there as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante