Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CEO Henri Seydoux declares end of Parrot’s consumer drones and offers to show audited software

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Well that sort of stinks, especially if they stop supporting and supplying parts for the ones they have sold.
Let's hope it takes them a while before phasing out

I thought they had the US Army contract all sewed up but it seems they still need to prove themselves. If they lose that I can see them going down the toilet just like many before them. Yuneec USA has closed it's doors and is in receivership and from the looks of it I think Parrot will not be far behind. Their toys are just to expensive for what they do.

Of course their comments "no consumer drones any more, don't trust DJI, our drones are safe and tested ..." are a endless message to professional users meaning, that they don't sell toys.
If the USA army poker will not work for some reason, I also see them go down.
But thats the risk of setting on only one card.

Of course their comments "no consumer drones any more, don't trust DJI, our drones are safe and tested ..." are a endless message to professional users meaning, that they don't sell toys.
If the USA army poker will not work for some reason, I also see them go down.
But thats the risk of setting on only one card.

What like producing a drone with USA written down the side - so you make your pool of buyers as small possible !! ;)

Kind of sad. I hate to see a loss of a manufacturer. Like many others posted, an Anafi 2 with the Anafi USA cameras minus the thermal could of been interesting. I still wish the Anafi USA was larger an there were interchanging camera payloads.

Reactions: MustangPhil
While I love my Anafi Extended, I believe the Skydio X2 is the much better product and I am confident that it will get the army contract instead of Parrot. It was fun while it lasted though

I do like both my Anafi’s BUT I have now promised myself that I’ll never buy another “Off The Shelf” Drone/Multirotor.

My reasoning behind this is that the financial investment does not reflect that the life expectancy. I bought a Spark Fly More combo in 2018, I think, but now its days are numbered as replacement batteries are thin on the ground. In contrast I built my first machine, based around a DJI F550, and that still has many years of service ahead of it as it can use any 3s/4s battery with a XT60 connector. The same is true of my Yuneec Q500 because with a simple 3D printed adaptor it can use the same batteries as my F550.

It’s probably due to similar reasoning that manufacturers like Parrot are now concentrating more on the commercial market than the consumer market, whereby a commercial entity can factor in redundancy and upgrades into their financial forecasts. Where as consumer/hobbyists will generally buy a product which once it becomes obsolete that may end their interest, and thus the profit in that market is much reduced. A parody of death due to their own success.

I have purchased one other OTS drone since acquiring my Anafi’s and that is the Powervision PowerEgg X, with waterproof kit, but the price I paid, 1/4 of RRP, reflects my acceptance that this too will become yet another paperweight in the next 18 months or so as I foresee that the proprietary batteries it uses will no longer be available.

With many countries imposing very strict regulations on recreational drone flying the exploitable market is getting smaller and less financially viable where as in contrast the commercial market is becoming a much bigger resource.

Nidge.

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
I do like both my Anafi’s BUT I have now promised myself that I’ll never buy another “Off The Shelf” Drone/Multirotor.

My reasoning behind this is that the financial investment does not reflect that the life expectancy. I bought a Spark Fly More combo in 2018, I think, but now its days are numbered as replacement batteries are thin on the ground. In contrast I built my first machine, based around a DJI F550, and that still has many years of service ahead of it as it can use any 3s/4s battery with a XT60 connector. The same is true of my Yuneec Q500 because with a simple 3D printed adaptor it can use the same batteries as my F550.

It’s probably due to similar reasoning that manufacturers like Parrot are now concentrating more on the commercial market than the consumer market, whereby a commercial entity can factor in redundancy and upgrades into their financial forecasts. Where as consumer/hobbyists will generally buy a product which once it becomes obsolete that may end their interest, and thus the profit in that market is much reduced. A parody of death due to their own success.

I have purchased one other OTS drone since acquiring my Anafi’s and that is the Powervision PowerEgg X, with waterproof kit, but the price I paid, 1/4 of RRP, reflects my acceptance that this too will become yet another paperweight in the next 18 months or so as I foresee that the proprietary batteries it uses will no longer be available.

With many countries imposing very strict regulations on recreational drone flying the exploitable market is getting smaller and less financially viable where as in contrast the commercial market is becoming a much bigger resource.

Nidge.

The good thing with Anafi is that the Anafi WORK and Anafi Thermal all use the same propellors, frame (in case of the WORK version) and batteries. So I expect those to be available for some time in the future still

I fly Anafi for my photography activities, it's 21MP camera and DNG capability are quite fine for me, actually Anafi is already a quite functional drone among the similar price level ones, the farther distance range or higher speed of the second generation is not urgent, wish the parts supply can last some time specially the batteries.
there are too many safety violation drone pilots (so called), actually they are only the RC operators in the consumer and hobby drone world, more restrictions from the authorities is also put the manufacturers in an uncertain situation, that is really pity.

Since Skydio and Parrot already have a working relationship, and both seem to be trusted by the military; it might be advantages to join forces and realize economies. While my Skydio is awesome in some ways Anafi has advantages.

Since Skydio and Parrot already have a working relationship, and both seem to be trusted by the military; it might be advantages to join forces and realize economies. While my Skydio is awesome in some ways Anafi has advantages.
With Skydio X2 and Anafi USA, there is nothing the Anafi USA has over Skydio X2... a very big maybe could be the zoom function but I doubt it

The Anafi is much smaller(349g), quieter, smaller and has more mature software in some areas in my experience.

I’m hoping for a consume/prosumer drone. The X2 is certainly not as small, light or quiet as Anafi; in fact I don’t even think it’s available to consumers it’s restricted. I assure you it will cost considerably more than $399(I paid $599 for my original Anafi).

Parrot knows how to build an excellent, innovative consumer drone like none I have seen before, and to a price.

Problem, like this thread suggests is what can the consumer market offer? It appears only DJI can survive with the lions share.

I have an S2 and I agree it is gamechanger and will buy whatever SD makes available to me. I use both Anafi and my S2 for what I need.

Sorry if my point is no more clear:

- there will be NO more consumer drones from Parrot, they will ONLY make Anafi USA and Anafi Army.
- Skydio X2 shits all over Anafi USA and Anafi Army; it is unlikely that at a similar price, anybody will chose Anafi USA or Anafi Army

I'm not looking for any point you are trying to make, the thread has already done that.

Look at the influence Parrot has on SD, it's clear. If the two team up they can take on DJI with more economy by ganging resources. Doesn't matter if it's consumer or Enterprise if both Parrot and SD develop their own Enterprise drones and go into competition with each other that puts DJI in a stronger position.

It looks like you were just sad about the products being discontinued while not understanding why this is happening

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow