Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chasing a Tornado

Compelling footage of a tornado in Oklahoma, shot by WXChasing. Check their Facebook page for other weather-related videos. I need a bit more practice before I bring the ANAFI anywhere near one of those.

Wav,Im lacks words besides the shot of the tornado is beautiful. It does not look as powerful as others we have seen on TV/video over from America. Here in Denmark wee also see some small tornados every summer and they never get much more powerful than the one you show. They are called "skypumps" in our local language.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: C. Mudgeon
The footage is pretty cool. I am surprised at the lack of wind surrounding the aircraft. Some good video.

Sidd

I know this a couple weeks old but the type of drone he would be using has to be a racing drone or something some decent speed drone plane which is able to handle the winds on the outside of that, that high up especially. It needs to resist winds between 60-90 MPH. Storm chasers, researchers, and universities lately been using the cheap racing drones or cheap drone planes which have a VERY high wind resistance and disposable if they crash and they are attaching instruments on them to drop into the storms updrafts or inflow that will hopefully parachute their way into the storms core or tornadoes (if lucky) to collect data.

basically storm chasers will carry a fair # of these in a fleet cause they are likely gonna crash and essentially move onto the next one. Though some have modified these with companies or themselves to produce some really clever drones.

Yeah, even though that was just a baby tornado there was a lot of crap zooming by the drone at high speed.....NO way would I ever do that with MY Anafi! :eek: Interesting how it kept going even after degrading to something more like a dust devil.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut