Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Check battery update

Drbgaijin

Reaction score
Website
www.gaijin-eyes.com
Before attempting to get back into the air, I would like to do a check on my batteries to make sure they are all updated to the latest "version".
I think they are but I would like to double check.
Would the following procedure be correct:
1. Attach battery to be checked to the Anafi.
2. Start Anafi
3. When I see "Ready to Fly" on the screen, plug in a USB power cable to the battery
4. If the battery is already updated then nothing will happen
5. If the battery is not updated, then I should see a "Do you want to update battery"?

Or is it much simpler than the above.
Maybe when I power up the Anafi, I should already be asked if I want to update the battery pack, if it has not already been updated?
Regards
Douglas

If I remember that right, usually the FF6 will tell you "battery fw update available, please connect to a power source" (something like that), in case the battery is not updated.
Just: I know for a fact that I updated "once" 2 batteries, the 3. didn't "want" and did not get shown as needed for about 3 or 4 uses in the bird. Till it showed "battery fw update, please ...."

If I remember correctly, after the battery firmware update, there were reports of an Anafi shutting down and falling at 20%. Why do you want to upgrade? it does not work well?

Hopefully today's update will remedy many of the falling from sky problems. But we've been hoping for that for a while. I decided to go for it even though my bird isn't in flying condition but maybe a little work will change that. Like Ana789 said, I was notified for the update on my first battery I inserted but when I did the second one, the notification was a bit different. There is a notification number next to the drone in the app (image1) selecting the drone and then pressing the update option on the next screen (image0). The app will tell you to leave the battery attached to the drone and plug it in to a usb charger for the duration of the update.

Edit: I updated one battery but I'm going to leave my other battery on it's current version and watch this thread. My third battery is at the bottom of the lake and is destroyed anyway. Maybe by the time I get flying again it will all be sorted out.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 31
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
What update is that? The battery update has been out for some weeks now. Most that have taken it have had zero issues.

What update is that? The battery update has been out for some weeks now. Most that have taken it have had zero issues.
The OP and I have been out of service for a while. His drone went down in May and mine in April so we are catching up (I'm speculating about the OP)

Is the battery software "version" included in the information I can see in ShowAnafiLog?
Regards
Douglas
The battery FW version is shown on the Anafi Webserver page.
But: sadly the version no. was not changed from the point before the big battery FW update (with power supply) to the point after that update.
So the battery FW version does not help to detect a not-updated battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut