Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chicago River 360 Panorama from University of Chicago

I am not familiar with USA rules on drones but did you need special permission for that flight as it appears to be in the middle of the city?

I am not familiar with USA rules on drones but did you need special permission for that flight as it appears to be in the middle of the city?

Flying drones in Chicago is regulated by the City Ordinance SO2015-5419 (link above). I always have a copy on me when flying in the City.

The panorama was taken approximately thirty minutes prior the curfew (what made it possible/safe to execute), since only my "spotter" and I were in the vicinity below the Anafi. I flu just up (to execute the panorama) and almost immediately landed. Since I planned to do the flight in compliance with all the 17 Operating regulations from the stated City Ordinance (pages 4 and 5), at the time I did the flight, I did not assume that it would be necessary to ask any authorities for permission to fly. I would newer fly in the City of anywhere else against the FAA regulations/City Ordinance.

Thank you for the clarification. There is no way that such a "recreational " flight in a large city would be legal in the UK without loads of licences and paperwork.

Thank you for the clarification. There is no way that such a "recreational " flight in a large city would be legal in the UK without loads of licences and paperwork.

You are more than welcome. Living in the colonies has some advantages :).

• Haha
Reactions: Skydreamer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking