Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Comparison between the Anafi Thermal and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual

Ansia

Reaction score
If this has been posted before, sorry for the duplicity. I was just sent this and found it interesting. If you are undecided which is better for you, this will help you decide.

If this has been posted before, sorry for the duplicity. I was just sent this and found it interesting. If you are undecided which is better for you, this will help you decide.

Thanks for the share.

At work we have a M2ED and I own an Anafi Thermal. In terms of aircraft there is no competition, the Mavic whoops its but. But the Anafi does have some tricks up its sleeve. The Anafi comes with all of the xtra photo/video modes. (You don't have to pay to unlock them). You get your Epic, Dolly, Follow and can do panoramas and the like. For Some odd reason the Mavic has those locked out even though it is a modified Mavic 2 Zoom.

But most importantly, the little Anafi's thermal can be used more like the radiometric sensor that it is. You can open the JPEGs in Flir Tools and get data from the different pixels on the screen. Anafi also has its handy little thermal analyzer mode which also acts like Flir Tools so you can in the field get some radiometric data. I know the resolution on it sucks but having played with both, the Anafi does have some pluses with the $1000 savings and the other stuff.

My Anafi can work and play, while the M2ED seems like its only interested in ever working and while working in thermal not doing what the Lepton is capable of at that.;)

Just my opinion on it.

Reactions: Ansia
Good input. I sold my BBP Thermal and still have not made up my mind which to buy. I want to get on the books this year so still have the following reservations:

1-I am on my 5th Anafi since 7/1/2018 three had gimbal camera issues and one was totaled by me and scrapped for parts - not sure I trust the Parrot camera system for thermal longevity
They did replace the three with camera issues

2-I have a Mavic 2 zoom it is a built like a tank however it has all the sensor nannyware that is constantly causing issues not sure how flexible the Enterprise Thermal is to turning stuff off

3-I agree totally on the value and functionality of the Parrot video software not sure what DJI is offering

4-The video on the Anafi looks great in thermal overlay mode no shake lke my BBP had there is a sample in post on Anafi Thermal one user posted

5-Normally would not use sensors since the donot always work I use automation with manual override

Hard choice

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
The biggest difference between Anafi and dji dual is the use of flir tools
dji dual cannot analyze thermal images or generate reports
In the case of parrot, the thermal image can be imported with the flir tools to generate a report that includes analysis and temperature display temperature comparison maximum temperature minimum temperature average temperature.
The dji mavic2 enterprise dual can give a good score in hardware
Parrot anafi thermal can give better scores in software.

I agree with you totally. My BB2 Thermal had great reporting and the Anafi will be better. My concern is the reliability of the gimbal. As I have staqted in my other posts I am on Anafi number 5 in 15 months 3 failed with gimbal problems and one failed pilot error. This is what is causing me to be hesitant on this purchase.

Late to the thread... agree with several points. I owned both... tried both & returned. As above, the M2EDual is a more robust "aircraft", typical DJI quality, looks, design, etc. I own the M2P / Z (both gimbals) and it's very nice improvement over the MPro / MAir.. but I retrained them since their retention has more value than selling as current prices. I actually had 2 Anafi-T units, the 1st one I returned not impressed with the aircraft and pending the arrival of the M2EDual. When the M2ED arrived, I was disappointed with the Thermal operations and not impressed with the FLIR MSX overlay... the Anafi-T RGB/Thermal adjustable Overlay was much better. Returning the M2ED, purchased another Anafi-T to test and it lacked low / dark light performance... Returned. Later discovered with the input for another Anafi-T Owner, that I had a defective Thermal Unit.

I'm considering a new small thermal and the Anafi-T would be the choice currently... unless a new model appears.

The Anafi-T has the Lipton 3.5 sensor and the M2EDual has the Lipton 3 sensor. The primary difference is standard radiometric and advanced radiometric. In larger sensor models the Adv Radiometric is a big jump in price... several thousand. You gain per-pixel measurements in live and JPG-R that contain pixel data that can be post-diag with Free FLIR Tools.

That one feature: Adv Radiometric... if used for close range inspections has great value. You can produce & print photo reports to represent the inspection... not possible with M2EDual since it's JPG are not capable to be examined in FLIR Tools.

The other major benefits over the M2EDual; The Anafi-T includes 3 batteries vs 1 battery (although I like the Heated battery), the Gimbal rotates 180 degrees: 90 Up / 90 Down. RGB Camera is a 3X Zoom, and it's an extremely quiet craft.

Negatives: Controller and it's power switch is poor design in my opinion. Blades look low quality... although they perform well, and the "Connectivity" to get the platform ready for flight can be fussy... requiring disconnecting cables a few times.

Taking the focus of the Thermal, I'd go with the Anafi Thermal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame