Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Connection smartphone/contrôleur please

Chris333j

Reaction score
Hello and sorry in advance if the subject has already been discussed: the connection between the remote control and the smartphone. On my galaxy s9 + in usb-c it works the 1st time then if I disconnect / reconnect (for fpv for example) I have to go to the settings of the smartphone and tell him who is controlled by the usb and the 'use of the usb (which is put on modem which is not good). In short, it is not already the best and I do not know how to improve it. Today I try to use Freeflight on my "old" Asus tablet with Android 5.0.2 and the connection does not work, there is no direct usb setting (even when activating developer mode). If you had any advice please?

Hello (in fact ‘bonjour’ as I am under the impression you could be French... as I perfectly understand your phrases with a ‘French construction’ underlying, and the ô on contrôleur in the title of your thread).

If I summarize your problem :

- When you connect to your phone, it works the first time, but not the second time and you suspect a USB C protocol problem (modem or charging protocol instead of data transmission).
- when you connect your controller to an old Android system, it won’t work at all.

My guess (but I’m not 100% sure) is :

On your phone, you should remove the FF6 app (and the authorization to access to USB management for the App), then re-install it.
click on the app (long press) and give all authorizations to FF6.
At the first start, it should ask you what behavior it should opt to when it detects a usb connection, then choose ‘data transmission’. Then each time, it should not ask the question any longer (or ask the question but with the correct protocol by default).

For your tablet, I am afraid FF6 does not support Android 5.

Did you also try to change usb c cable for a shorter and thicker one (that would also be made for data transmission) ?
Can you try FF6 on another phone you could borrow, to check your cable or controller (some Controllers have a ‘warbleling usb‘ connexion)...

good luck / bonne chance

Reactions: Chris333j

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peacefulparrots76