Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Controller GPS

SkySpy

Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Pilots! It's been a while since I have visited the forum. My last post was about receiving a warranty replacement drone from Parrot. My original drone had crashed immediately after performing a firmware upgrade in the field. I'm happy to report for the most part this new drone has performed very well. The was one landing issue which I will address in another post.

Yesterday I noticed my GPS indication for the control was red while the drone indication was green. The drone was responding well so I continued the flight with caution. No problems. My question is why did this occur and how can I correct it

Hi,your controller does not have GPS,it is using gps from your device(phone /tablet)...if you are using phone,make sure to turn ON Location in settings of your phone...
Note:most ipads dont have gps

Hi,your controller does not have GPS,it is using gps from your device(phone /tablet)...if you are using phone,make sure to turn ON Location in settings of your phone...
Note:most ipads dont have gps
Hmmmm! I never intentionally changed that setting on my phone, but I will check this. Thank you!

Hmmmm! I never intentionally changed that setting on my phone, but I will check this. Thank you!
Hi SkyDreamer, I was thinking I had updated my reply, but I don't see it here so here is what I found. The location mode was on and the "greater accuracy" switch was on as well. So I'm still confused as to why I had the red indication for the control. That never changed regardless of my location or altitude. The drone indication stayed green the entire time. I'm going to try another location and post the result.

Have you given permission to FF6, to access the GPS ?

Sometimes on my android phone, after a system update of the phone, some permissions are reset to ‘a safe nonono’.
So I have to re-enable the ‘location permissions’ on lots of apps...
Did you have a recent update ?

It can happen, given weak exposure to the satellite constellation. Your Anafi, up above surrounding trees, buildings or other obstacles, may be seeing a larger constellation, with better coverage than you do on the surface.

It happened to me yesterday evening, only briefly. I stepped away from my house and it went back to green.

Dan

Reactions: jspg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem