Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Controller switch modification

LivinLarge

Reaction score
Modified my Anafi controller to add a switch so that the controller can be turned off while opened up. I bridged across the terminals on the existing switch and left it in place so that the controller will still shut off when closed even if the new switch is left in the on position.

Attachments

• IMG_7581mod.JPG
    IMG_7581mod.JPG
    537.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7584mod.JPG
    IMG_7584mod.JPG
    651.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7585mod.JPG
    IMG_7585mod.JPG
    605.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_7587mod.JPG
    IMG_7587mod.JPG
    547.4 KB · Views: 86
Am I correct in assuming that the new switch is wired in series with the existing switch?
If so then I am at a loss trying to understand how bridging the existing switch's terminals puts the two switches in series and not parallel. do you gave a bit more detail, or closer photos, of what you did?

The switch is wired in parallel. The existing switch is normally open but closed when the controller is turned off. That was a surprise to me. I originally planned to put the switch in series with the battery positive wire. Another user who had made a similar modification, advised me that the switch was not just interrupting power. Apparently, it initiates some orderly shutdown.

I'm missing something. I would think the existing switch is open (open circuit) when the controller is in the folded position. The switch then closes (completes circuit) when you unfold the controller. If you wire the external switch in series with the existing switch the circuit stays open until both the controller is unfolded and the external switch is put in the on position completing the circuit. If you fold the controller closed with the external switch in the on position the controller should then shut off.

I'm missing something. I would think the existing switch is open (open circuit) when the controller is in the folded position. The switch then closes (completes circuit) when you unfold the controller. If you wire the external switch in series with the existing switch the circuit stays open until both the controller is unfolded and the external switch is put in the on position completing the circuit. If you fold the controller closed with the external switch in the on position the controller should then shut off.
It is just the opposite from what you would expect. The switch contacts are closed when the controller is folded. I checked it with a meter before installing the new one.

It is just the opposite from what you would expect. The switch contacts are closed when the controller is folded. I checked it with a meter before installing the new one.

I just wondering why the circuit isn't completed if the switch contacts are closed when the controller is folded. This is normally how a switch would operate, closed circuit when switch contacts are closed, open circuit when switch contacts are opened.

I just wondering why the circuit isn't completed if the switch contacts are closed when the controller is folded. This is normally how a switch would operate, closed circuit when switch contacts are closed, open circuit when switch contacts are opened.
I think it is that the switch contacts close to initiate a shutdown sequence, not just interrupting the power as you would expect.

Thanks OP! Planning to do the same mod on my Skydio 2 controller and placing the switch in the area where the USB-A port is on the Anafi controller :)

This is completely unnecessary for me:
I will print it out and use it if necessary. There was no need to disassemble the remote control.

This is completely unnecessary for me:
I will print it out and use it if necessary. There was no need to disassemble the remote control.
Not for me, you may as well jam in piece of paper and not worry where you loose it ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood