Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crash Anafi with pix4d

Miningnew

Reaction score
Website
www.miningnew.com
Incident log Added
I used pix4d anafi fpv drone for mapping After completed mission the drone not cameback to take off position then lost signal and cut off with batterai 21% remain.
Be carefull don't play under 30% with New firmware. Keep save !!

The good think is my warranty claim has been approved by Parrot.

Was your drone by chance flying with higher tree tops or earth walls in the mine nearby (not in the flight path, of course, but not too far away) ?

My first crash happened today with 32% battery, just after hand launch, not touching the joystick, instead of hovering at 1-2 meter high as it should, it jumps to 3 meters, then back to the ground, first error message I get is "motors stopped" or something similar, while the Anafi is on its back beeping loudly on the ground...The only explanation I could imagine is poor GPS connection, because there are some trees around, and I noticed that after getting a green GPS signal (I always wait for a green signal to launch), it sometimes reverts back to braun or red for a a few seconds, if I leave the Anafi there long enough without moving it.

Maybe there is a bug when the GPS is lost or gets erroneous data, that forces exaggerated corrections in altitude, and crashes happen before the a more realistic GPS position is estimated...

Was your drone by chance flying with higher tree tops or earth walls in the mine nearby (not in the flight path, of course, but not too far away) ?

My first crash happened today with 32% battery, just after hand launch, not touching the joystick, instead of hovering at 1-2 meter high as it should, it jumps to 3 meters, then back to the ground, first error message I get is "motors stopped" or something similar, while the Anafi is on its back beeping loudly on the ground...The only explanation I could imagine is poor GPS connection, because there are some trees around, and I noticed that after getting a green GPS signal (I always wait for a green signal to launch), it sometimes reverts back to braun or red for a a few seconds, if I leave the Anafi there long enough without moving it.

Maybe there is a bug when the GPS is lost or gets erroneous data, that forces exaggerated corrections in altitude, and crashes happen before the a more realistic GPS position is estimated...
This was happened using automatic flight mode at a height of 75 m above the ground.
For hand launch I've also experienced like you, make sure when hand launch there is no strong wind, also landing a drone by hand is not the best choice. You have to catch it reverse it to turn it off. The negative is in the log book it recorded a crash. The most important the drone is safely.

I see, at 75 m altitude your drone was higher than any tree or landscape element that could have hindered the GPS signal.

In my case it was also in "autonomous" flight, one hand holding the controller, but not touching the joystick, and no wind...

Note that you can land the drone on your hand without forcing it on its side to turn it off, but it's sometimes a bit tricky, you have to start from more than 50 cm higher than your hand, once in your hand keep the sensor below covered, and sometimes move the hand sligthly at the same time with the drone on your palm, else it just doesn't want to stop !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guads100k