Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crashed wont start anafi thermal

epiphany101

Reaction score
So, was doing some training involving inspecting a church steeple when I lost control of the drone which bumbed the steeple and took a long flight straight down to the roof where it bounced did a couple of 540's on its way to the ground. Now, surprise, it won't power on and the battery that was in it at the time will not power on either. Did I kill it? Can you reset the drone without it being powered up? Likely a uneducated question but had to ask. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The Anafis don't generally crash or lose control. I myself now have had some suspicious disconnects of my own flying in a semi urban setting and never used ot have this problem. I believe it is some sort of data or packet flooding attack by a troublemaker with a wifi radio. Either way it seems more and more like a breach has been discovered into our anafis.

Feel free to have a look at my odd disconnect over here, where my controller stayed disconnected for over 10minutes.

So, was doing some training involving inspecting a church steeple when I lost control of the drone which bumbed the steeple and took a long flight straight down to the roof where it bounced did a couple of 540's on its way to the ground. Now, surprise, it won't power on and the battery that was in it at the time will not power on either. Did I kill it? Can you reset the drone without it being powered up? Likely a uneducated question but had to ask. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The drone cannot be reset unless it’s powered on. If it does not power up with a known working battery it’s possible you have a loose or damaged connection. Look at pins on drone where battery engages. Also possible that a cable or ribbon internally is disconnected or loose.
When you insert a working battery do you see any led’s flash on battery or any lights or sign of life on drone? Is there any visible damage of drone?

The drone cannot be reset unless it’s powered on. If it does not power up with a known working battery it’s possible you have a loose or damaged connection. Look at pins on drone where battery engages. Also possible that a cable or ribbon internally is disconnected or loose.
When you insert a working battery do you see any led’s flash on battery or any lights or sign of life on drone? Is there any visible damage of drone?
Ok, haven't had a lot of time recently to get back to my anafi, bit here is the latest update. Do to the crash the ribbon to camera/gimbal was detached, reattached cable, gave it a good cleaning inside and out, inspected for inside damage none was found. At first was able to power up and fly with camera operational but gimbal warning saying needed to reset. Did a hard reset on drone and now it will power up but won't fly...some noted changes: before the id that is to be broadcasted was off, now it is on asking for pilot registration #, which I don't have as yet. I can't turn the ID broadcast off. The gimbal still does not work correctly but no warning. Also drone will not connect to controller, no camera comes on it just powers up, the motors do their thing and the gimbal does its twitches but that's it. Totally discouraged at this point, and this all came about after hard reset. Any ideas? Is there an apk to ff6 to skip some of this stuff or is it officially bricked. I really love this drone and totally bummed not having it to fly. Oh and the thermal isn't working after the crash. I was thinking I possibly got the cable installed wrong and will be my next task with it. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide. I'm burnt as is....😬

Ok, haven't had a lot of time recently to get back to my anafi, bit here is the latest update. Do to the crash the ribbon to camera/gimbal was detached, reattached cable, gave it a good cleaning inside and out, inspected for inside damage none was found. At first was able to power up and fly with camera operational but gimbal warning saying needed to reset. Did a hard reset on drone and now it will power up but won't fly...some noted changes: before the id that is to be broadcasted was off, now it is on asking for pilot registration #, which I don't have as yet. I can't turn the ID broadcast off. The gimbal still does not work correctly but no warning. Also drone will not connect to controller, no camera comes on it just powers up, the motors do their thing and the gimbal does its twitches but that's it. Totally discouraged at this point, and this all came about after hard reset. Any ideas? Is there an apk to ff6 to skip some of this stuff or is it officially bricked. I really love this drone and totally bummed not having it to fly. Oh and the thermal isn't working after the crash. I was thinking I possibly got the cable installed wrong and will be my next task with it. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide. I'm burnt as is....😬
After you performed a hard reset of drone did you pair controller to drone?
I don’t think you can turn DRI broadcast off unless your controller is connected to drone

I tried but couldn't get it to reconnect to controller. It's like the hard reset just totally jacked it up. Before the hard reset was at least able to fly. It's like an expensive brick now. And the gimbal...the gimbal does its initial little jiggle, then a minute or 2 later it goes crazy and won't stop for a few sets. Is it possible to go to an earlier update? I would love nothing more than getting this thing back in the air.

I tried but couldn't get it to reconnect to controller. It's like the hard reset just totally jacked it up. Before the hard reset was at least able to fly. It's like an expensive brick now. And the gimbal...the gimbal does its initial little jiggle, then a minute or 2 later it goes crazy and won't stop for a few sets. Is it possible to go to an earlier update? I would love nothing more than getting this thing back in the air.
Hello
It’s not possible to roll back firmware and it’s unlikely that’s the problem. Have you tried to connect phone directly to drone via WiFi (without controller) and then opening FF6 to see if communication works? If you are able to connect try to recalibrate camera through FF6.
Sounds like a hardware issue or you may still have a loose cable connection due to crash.
Best of luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut