Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Creating 360 panorama in FF6, crashes when using Hi-res option.

Dart67_SWE

Reaction score
Central Sweden, Northern Europe. 59th latitude
Anyone having trouble using Hi-res option in FF6 to create 360 panoramas?
Using my Samsung S7 for it, but crashes (resets) when abt 70% done. Lo-res works.
Maybe its my phones memorycapacity that is the short end here.
Using Autostitch or ICE as 3rd party software to stitch the pictures, but gets alot of blur in fare distances of picture.
Anyone, solutions, better software?

My Note8 does the same, but not always.
I think, one reason could be a background activity, that reduces memory like automatic virus scan or update worker.

Problem solved...?! (More as referense to others trying to create 360 panoramas)
I can now create 'Excellent' 360 panoramas without problems on my Android device (Samsung S7)... solution?
After "stripping" the phone down apps by apps, without luck creating 'Excellent' resolution, I finally uninstall FreeFlight Pro (for my Bebop2). Then it worked. Luck or coincidens, who knows?
But FreeFlight 6 app has shown some noticable issues creating both 'Very Good' and 'Excellent' resolution (18 or 32Mp)
If there is not dead calm in the air and the Anafi has to work in the wind, there will be defects in the stiched pictures, caused by not leveled pictures when taken.

The anafi takes 42 pictures, one 90 deg up and one 90 deg down, then takes 4 pictures between up-down, rotates 40 deg in every take of 4 pictures, makes that 10 times
(1 and 10 take is the same for referens) until rotated 360+ deg.
The FF6 offers a funktion in gallery where the pictures can to be stitched together, depending on your choise. Sphere, Little planet etc.
'Very good' option creates a 6144x3072px picture. 18Mp is usually about 7-8 Mb in size.
'Excellent' option creates a 8000x4000px picture. 32Mp is usually about 11-13 Mb in size

The FF6 app is good in one way, while 3rd party software fails, it doesn't consider a full blue sky as "no solid referenses to stich to" and therefore create the clear blue sky with sun.
3rd party software can not find any referenspoints in a clearblue sky or sun, and usually does not render the sky, leaving the picture 25% lower (it dumps all pictures whith just blue sky)
When testing some 3rd party software, I found an program called Autostitch which does a greate job stitching my pictures with even better quality.
AutoStitch
This program has this bluesky issue, but there is way around it. I have created a full bluesky "top-picture" just to copy and paste into the created picture, to get 2:1 ratio.
There are better software (and more costly...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veloviento