Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Creating a Cattle Counter app for the Parrot Anafi

That’s a Real interesting AI demo !
Not sure it is useful in our everyday lives, but still, it was a funny idea !

I have a friend (old) in the French countryside that has a wide land with a steep slope. In one of the field on the top of the hill, he has 5 horses. He climbs there everyday just to see if everything is Ok, and if they still have clean water in a tank to drink.

I visited him with the Anafi, and showed him how to check from above that the horses were fine and the water tank was still full and clean (well, we can see through the water some stones on the bottom... didn’t taste it...)
He asked me : ‘can I do it from my bed ?’... then I explained him the meaning of ‘line of sight’...

It may change with the new EU regulation coming this summer. They no longer mention distances like 100 m and 200 m that is ridiculous now, and there is this ‘specific category’ that will allow beyond line of sight flights. but they insist on the ‘risk categories’ and mention the weight classes (And the Anafi may benefit from this new category...)

It was interesting to see how much work it takes to help a machine "learn". Time will tell if this gets easier, but, as of this example, the human did the work.

Interesting that they had the pilots fly at 50'. This seems unnecessarily low. Why not 200'?

Reminds me of comments on using a laser tape measure vs the ol' standard roll up. Many found it useful for estimating, but not trustworthy enough for build-to measurements.

If I were running cattle, this might save gas and legwork for rough counts. But for an exact count, including under the trees, still gotta rely on human cognition.

Any time people are using the Anafi is good for us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood