Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Curved pictures in raw format on Anafi Parrot

idea3

Reaction score
Hi
I tried to look into this issue here and on the web. No straight information. I am taking pictures with my Parrot Anafi in both jpg and raw format. While jpg images have straight horizontal line, the raw pictures will be with the horizontal curvature. Why is it happening. It's so frustrating to fix this after. Any ideas?

Thank you

Its a RAW file thats why it has the bent horizon. Very easy to fix in post. Lightroom or photoshop has the camera profile installed now.

Thank you for your input. Please explain... what do you mean update Camera Raw? In Photoshop, Lightroom?
I am working on CC edition Photoshop and Lightroom. How do I install them? Where do I find them? Do I need purchase them? It shows me nothing when I go find it. Thanks again...

Last edited:
If you open a "RAW" photo in photoshop it will open the camera raw plugin before anything else. From there all you need to do if your software is up to date is click on "Lens corrections", then "enable profile corrections" and it should automatically correct the photo. Like I said you need your software to be updated with the lens profile. If not you can add it manually. I believe it is explained in the link I provided but I am not sure as its been a long time since this was corrected and I have forgotten a lot LOL

In lightroom, basically the same thing. Once your photo is opened in "Develop" section you can scroll down to "Lens Corrections" Click on Enable Profile Corrections and it will automatically correct your photo. Very simple for anyone to do. Use the search option and you would have found your answer or youtube is full of tutorials.

Thank you, that works :). Will I be still able to save it as a raw format to adjust the picture in Lightroom as a RAW? Sorry, I got it. It corrects the image and I am able to open it in LR in the right perspective. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Sorry, It does not work. (I thought it did). In Photoshop, I don't have the "enable profile corrections" option. In Lightroom... I don't know this application that well. Can't find the "Develop" mode. I will work on it tomorrow and will keep you updated. It's a bit frustrating for me since it's supposed be easy. Thanx for your help :)

Agustine is really patient and helpful !!
Just one side note : When you shoot Raw images, they always stay Raw like shot the first time. You can transform them (like applying a lens correction), then save them into another format (like JPEG or Tiff files), but you can’t save them back to Raw as they have been processed.
Think of a Raw egg, you can transform it into an omelet, or cooked egg sunny side down, or lots of other forms. But when cooked, you can’t make it Raw any longer...
The Raw remains Raw as shot by the Anafi (horizon is naturally bent due to the lens like in any camera). All you can do is transform it and save it in an other format.

If you use lightroom mobile here is option, anyway on lightroom desktop just search for lens corection.
And i agree Agustine is really patient and helpful. Thanks Agustine...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200914_075406_com.adobe.lrmobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200914_075406_com.adobe.lrmobile.jpg
    926.9 KB · Views: 13
Thanks, to all of you. I understand RAW image and I get that you might get frustrated with this and I appreciate your patience. What I am trying to say is that for some reason I don't have the screen view as you guys show. I am trying different views on both programs. Please do not respond, I will try to work on it and try to figure it out.
Thanx again.

I'll try to get the latest updates, although I think all the software is updated. Cheers!

Reactions: MustangPhil
In lightroom try and see if going to the top menu and click on Window and scroll down and click on Develop. That should open the section you want.

OK... no such option there. I had the newest versions for both programs. This morning I I went down with the versions (using the creative cloud) ... still the same. Lightroom is 3.0, Photoshop is 20.0.10. Not sure why it is happening. I was never so confused, ever. All youtube help is with the screen you guys have. I'll need some patience here and try to figure it out. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 1.49.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 1.49.49 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 1.52.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 1.52.39 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members